Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

No Postcode Search On Satnav / Se-l Without A Wood Trim?

Can anyone tell me where I can find the GPS co-ords on google maps? Have they changed it as I cant seem to find them!

Centre the map at the exact point you want coords for, then if you look in the "direct link" for the page, it will have the coordinates you want in it :)

• 5 weeks later...

I was on a driving holiday in Wales last week and all my friends had there £100 tomtoms and Garmins plunged to their window screens. There’s me, feeling all superior with my £2,700 SEL MM system.

Almost all tourist leaflets (for the usual Castles, steam railways, outward bound centres etc…) we picked up seemed to have a little box now simply stating “SAT NAV : “with the post code. EVERYONE else used this and I was stuffed!!!!! This is the preferred way to find a destination.

I am now looking for a new car as my IS is nearly three years old. I can confirm that Jaguar, Ford and Mercedes all have full post code. I would love a new IS250c, but I think I will not accept a nav system with only partial post code and do not want a plunger on my screen. –

Shame on you Lexus.

I am now looking for a new car as my IS is nearly three years old. I can confirm that Jaguar, Ford and Mercedes all have full post code.

Shame on you Lexus.

The Mercedes I've seen don't have full postcode. First 4 or 5 digits only. Maybe that have upgraded the very latest COMAND?

I was unreliably informed (maybe) that ME 2009 models with the full COMAND Nav package have full postcode. Yet to see it through. Most salesmen tell you what you want to hear…!

Some people on this thread mention putting in the GPS co-ordinates directly.

How do you put these in on the MM ?

Destination button>>>>>>>Screen 2>>>>>>>Co-ordinates

Thank you

Almost all tourist leaflets (for the usual Castles, steam railways, outward bound centres etc…) we picked up seemed to have a little box now simply stating “SAT NAV : “with the post code. EVERYONE else used this and I was stuffed!!!!! This is the preferred way to find a destination.

A lot of tourist destinations are in the POI database on the Lexus system. Try searching for them by name or even postcode. I've found a number of hotels directly by just typing in the phone number (think it's on the 2nd screen after pushing destination).

Confused - what do the geo codes look like? If it is, for example something like 51.916784 / 1.265530 then this does not fit into the MM search facility for co-ordinates. It takes the first 1 or 2 numbers, automatically adds "DEGREES" symbol and then does not have enough fields left for the rest of the reference...

Any ideas what am i doing wrong - are the numbers I'm looking at in the mapping link the wrong ones?

Thanks

You need to go on a website that converts the co-ordinates from decimal to degrees. If you already know the address or location there are various sites that will give you the co-ordinates by zooming in on a map and then placing your pointer to the location you want.

A good site I found is this

Lat & Long locator

You need to go on a website that converts the co-ordinates from decimal to degrees. If you already know the address or location there are various sites that will give you the co-ordinates by zooming in on a map and then placing your pointer to the location you want.

Lat & Long locator

But this website does not accept a post code search...

Lat & Long locator

But this website does not accept a post code search...

Also, even if I select the UK and type in an address I get a reult from the USA!!

I meant if you know approximately where you want to go you can zoom in to street level, place your pointer on the location and get the GPS co-ordinates. I used this to get to a B&B in the Peak district last weekend and it worked perfectly.

As the meerkats say "Simple"

• 4 weeks later...
I meant if you know approximately where you want to go you can zoom in to street level, place your pointer on the location and get the GPS co-ordinates. I used this to get to a B&B in the Peak district last weekend and it worked perfectly.

As the meerkats say "Simple"

Not so simple I'm afraid - when I place the pointer on the location I get nothing!!

• 5 years later...

Wondering, is there any way to have a full postcode search? Would getting a newer nav disc have that as a feature or do the new nav discs just have map updates?

Await your reply

Lexus - IS 250 '06

map version 2005-2006 Ver.1

Don't think there is until you get to around 09 plated car. As far as I am aware a newer disc will not upgrade the system of the navigation unit itself.

Full postcode entry is on the facelift version.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links