Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Had Enough, Of The Joke Known As The Army

hmm where do i start, ill try to make it simple.....

in june i tried to put in a posting order, i was told not to as the troop was short of tank commanders

in october i tried again...and told the same thing

in december the then ***** muncher of a boss said i had a 12 month extension at current location, as he had spoke to manning

in january new boss says i am due posting, i explain extension info i had been told by the previous boss

new boss says manning div says no extension was ever asked for and posting imminent

a posting order posting comes in for tidworth (where i want to go,) great!!

i go away for 9 weeks, whilst away someone there says im going to there unit in tidworth.....great its UK and where i want to go

come back from where i was, only to be told the posting wasn't to tidworth but Germany, to the unit i left 3 years prior(i spent 10 years with that unit)

i asked for it to be changed as it was now my last 3 years,of my 22 year service and i had started plans, for when i left ...starting a new business, looking for a house etc etc

manning said no

i said why not, they say as i had no posting preferences in and i cancelled 2 postings i had no choice

utter bull****......ive neither canceled 2 postings, or had chance to put in posting preferences as the last troop commander wouldnt let me...stating manpower shortage

as a result, the wife and kids will not go to germany, in effect she is leaving me......

on telling the ***** bandits this, there answer was, we dont care your going!!

well ive tried everything to get them to see sense, she has an interview with SSAFA next week for re homing....i cannot believe there prepared for me to potentially get divorced over this, because some *****, had other motives.....

im putting in a redress of grievence next week, and soon as it is in im off.....

ive just sent my CV to a company in the ivory Coast!!

to say i am totally livid, would be an understatement.

retention my arse......!!

i can leave, and yes throwing away my immediate pension for 20 years, but this has been the last straw in 18 years of utter ****

army2leftonly.jpg

jesus - sorry to hear this Mat... hope you get things sorted!!!

I know of a job going, but its a tehnical sales job, needs experience in networking and storage sales... I dont think it'd be suited for you but thought i'd mention it anyway...

Sorry to hear all that Mat, sounds like you are getting the ***** end of the stick.

Don't really understand the Army speak but is a redress of grievence a sort of appeal? If so would you not be better waiting for the outcome?

As for jobs out here all I can advise is that there is loads going on around railways and with 2012 coming up there must be work for both Civil and Mech Engineers. Companies that I know of who are busy are Morgan Est, Morgan Professional Services, Amey Rail, Balfour Beatty and Network Rail you could try CV's to all of them.

Good luck mate and if I can help give me a shout.

As for jobs out here all I can advise is that there is loads going on around railways and with 2012 coming up there must be work for both Civil and Mech Engineers. Companies that I know of who are busy are Morgan Est, Morgan Professional Services, Amey Rail, Balfour Beatty and Network Rail you could try CV's to all of them.

Good luck mate and if I can help give me a shout.

I agree with all that, sorry to hear things are pretty crap at the moment. I work for a rail company (ex BR company, which became a consultancy business when privatisation happened in ’96) which is always on the look out for decent mechanical or civil engineers. Rail is certainly an expanding business at the moment. Jobs going in Derby, London, Edinburgh, Sydney, Melbourne and Perth (Oz, not Scotland!) for the right people – ex military folks have always been sound additions to the team in the past.

That is truly awful, especially after so many years of service........sorry I can't help on the job front but hopefully they'll come to their senses and realise it would be better to keep you on happy than lose you altogether.......

• 2 months later...

Sorry to hear your problems mate hope you can sort it out

My Father in Law said he may be able to help and give advice, he was in the army for years

Give me a PM if you want his Email or MSN addy as he'd be more than happy to help :winky:

im working on an Exit strategy at the moment, looking for work in Civil Engineering, or Mechanical engineering

Hi Mat

I am in the AAC in Germany. In fact i am the RCMO for my regiment. Basically you are being lied to mate. Give me a call on (Mil) 948 73 2601 and I will give you the low down. Basically your line manager cannot turn down a request for posting.

Give me a call and we will chat.

Rob

Just sent you a txt but realised you won't have the uk phone! Hope it all works out mate, got my fingers crossed pal. Hopefully it will be resolved in your favour shortly.

Then fingers crossed yourself, Christina and the little uns can settle down for good somewhere, just make sure its not too near to me as you smell :P

Shame they're treating you like this 18 years in, you've moved around a few times in the years I've known you!

I hope that glockenende sees sense anyway mate