Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help ! Unusual Problem Not On This Forum

I hope someone can help me. ive got a 99 lexus is200 manual. I didnt use the car for few weeks and now i have the engine management light on. Also the traction control light flashes. The main problem is that the throttle pedal seems too have about 3 inches of play then some throttle for the last 1inch, which means the car is dangerously underpowered as im only getting quarter throttle.

I thought the cable may need tightening but i checked and it was pulling back right to the stop. it seems as-though the outer cable holder turns freely, but there is another cam closer to the block which is only starting to turn for the last inch. When i turn the inner cam with the engine running it can rev fully. This leads me to think this is a mechanical fault rather than an electrical.

is something missing from the cable holding cam to turn the inner cam ???

anyone have any ideas or pics of how theres is/looks ?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all. keep up the good work.

It sounds like its in get you home mode/safe mode? think you could do with finding the fault codes from the car matey to see whats up?? or maybe try a re-set by disconecting the Battery for a bit and see what happens not too sure mate but worth a try?

Hopefully someone with a bit more Knowledge will be along shortly who can probably help you better matey? :)

the cable turns an electrical unit and that then controls the throttle butterfly - but at the end of travel the cable does act on the butterfly.

there is a magnetic clutch in the system. i would try an ECU reset and if that fails get a fault code read out for the exact fault then go from there

Get someone to read or see if there are any fault codes....if you need to reset your ecu take out the ECTS fuse AND your ECU fuse both are in your engine fuse box...it will say on the inside of the cover which is which leave them out for a minute or two then put back.....just saves disconecting your Battery and loseing all your radio station`s...

Sounds to me like the coil packs as well mate,

And I agree with Rob the throttle is part mechanical part electrical so the wire will move freely but then the ecu has some input as well.

Stav

i say,you guys know your stuff!!! all very true infomation you are being given here,this would cost a fortune at your main agent.Like people have said you are in whats called limp home mode,you have an issue with an electronic system some where(good call on coil pack)the e/c/u picks this up and puts you in limp home so you can drive home and not be stuck on the road side.you need the codes to be read to get to the fault.

Thanks guys.

Today i disconnected the Battery for a few mins and its still the same. If it was a coil pack wouldnt it run and idle funny ? it runs fine just quarter throttle pedal to the floor. could it be a fuse for throttle motor ?

I have rang around some local garages and all of which have blagged me off to lexus main dealer. Skint at mo. could def do without that. any ideas on where 2 go to get the codes read ? im in middlesex west london.

Thanks guys.

Today i disconnected the battery for a few mins and its still the same. If it was a coil pack wouldnt it run and idle funny ? it runs fine just quarter throttle pedal to the floor. could it be a fuse for throttle motor ?

I have rang around some local garages and all of which have blagged me off to lexus main dealer. Skint at mo. could def do without that. any ideas on where 2 go to get the codes read ? im in middlesex west london.

have you tried a Toyota garage. They will have the right kit.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links