Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Owner Aberdeen, Is This Silver?

John1986

Hey im a new owner, i just bought a lexus is200 im not entirely sure if its a sport or SE and it was advertised as metalic silver but it seems like its got more depth than normal silver, a tinge of gold perhaps.

I dont normally like silver cars, vw/audi's etc as they seem dull but i liked this. love the sound of the engine too.

Ive read the forum and plan to get the 4 wheel alignment done according to wim to save the tyres being eaten, i checked the inside edge plenty of tread currently. i dont plan to do much, maybe just Xenon headlights and aero wipers which improves safety and style

20042008212ry7.th.jpg

interioryk5.th.jpg

john

well im not quite paying whats shown there, got it for 4750

the guy is servicing it, years mot, 3 months warrenty and its got 6 months tax. so im pretty happy

It has 90k which is kinda high but im not worried as full service history, engine sounds and feels sweet. bodywork is really good. tyres are pretty much new. only defect is alloys could do with a refurb but not urgent, only noticable on close inspection.

all feels solid, electrics work, electric adjustable seats r fun. windows are fast

can anyone tell me, does a K&N panal filter help with anything.

Sounds like a good deal, cars tend to be a bit cheaper up that way too. Is that what you find?

From my experience K&N panel filters aren't really worth the bother. If you want an induction kit the best ones are worth the money (real cold air induction) all the others are just for people wanting to spend money on something.

thats what i thought, nah dont really want to put in an induction kit. want to keep it fairly standard

I actualy find it hard to find deals up here. i was planning to travel to england to find something. but thankfully this turned up near me and the warrenty etc is useful as if the same had been given by a garage down south it would have been hard to use it.

As stated the colour is Platinum Ice.

On the side of your posts it says you drive an IS200 S. It could be an S or an SE, but certainly doesn't look like a Sport. The V5 should say i would have thought, but check the different specs here.

I would recommend a K&N if you dont wanna go for full induction.

thats what i thought, it doesnt have metal pedals so i imagine its not a sport. shame r they possible to fit later? i read the sport is lower too

Looking at your seats unless they was changed its not an S so probably is an SE :unsure:

Pedals i dont c y not :unsure:

Hi John & Welcome to LOC. Unless you are spending big bucks you are not going to overly improve the bhp. But small suttle changes like the K&N will help improve slightly. New exhaust system is another way. I live in Aberdeen too so if you need any help I would be happy to meet up sometime. Good looking car you got, where did you find it if you don't mind me asking.

Cheers

Bobby

ive changed my profile to say SE to keep from confusing anyone.

wouldnt mind getting the metal pedals sometime. not too keen on an exhaust as it sounds good atm. supercharge would be nice but not anytime soon. nice to see some others in the area. meet sometime would be good.

Would like to see ur supercharged one rogue, and i got it in westhill cars. i only pick it up next week as im busy this week and hes doing mot early to give it a years mot and also a service

Would be good to have a meet up here sometime, the weather's getting a bit better! B) I'd be interested in seeing the supercharger myself, just dont turn your back or it'll be gone hehe

I'd put money on Plat - Ice , SE model as it hasn't got the two tone steering wheel that the Sports have , still its a great car and 90k on a X plate is ok , try and wangle a cam belt & tensioner change as part of the deal , for peace of mind .

Oh yeah Welcome to the LOC John , I haven't been a member long but these lads n lasses are right diamonds , always willing to help as I'm sure you'll find out .

You defo won't regret your purchase mate but the custom bug will not be long in biting you especially when you see some of the motors on here , Awesome is an understatement.

Regards

Paul. B)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links