Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dashboard Syle On Mark3 Ls400

Below you will see the dashboard of my 1994 mark 3 LS400, (is a late 94, basically the 95 model). (Maybe I should refer to it as '1995' as no avoid future confusion?

After looking online (mainly YouTube), and watching videos of people showing off their LS400s, I have noticed that the vast majority of their 'warning lights' appear in the middle of the dash, and seem to move as if they are displayed on the glass of the dash, not fixed wee bulbs down below the gear selector display.... does that make sense to anyone other than me? Is there any reason for that? And just wanted to know how that system worked....

here is an example of the warning lights I am referring to, they seem to be 'floating'. Whereas you can see on mine, they are just the boring old ones on the bottom of the dashboard display.

dsc02091yn0.jpg

Below you will see the dashboard of my 1994 mark 3 LS400, (is a late 94, basically the 95 model). (Maybe I should refer to it as '1995' as no avoid future confusion?

After looking online (mainly YouTube), and watching videos of people showing off their LS400s, I have noticed that the vast majority of their 'warning lights' appear in the middle of the dash, and seem to move as if they are displayed on the glass of the dash, not fixed wee bulbs down below the gear selector display.... does that make sense to anyone other than me? Is there any reason for that? And just wanted to know how that system worked....

here is an example of the warning lights I am referring to, they seem to be 'floating'. Whereas you can see on mine, they are just the boring old ones on the bottom of the dashboard display.

dsc02091yn0.jpg

Hi alxm,

my series 3 dash looks exactly like yours. I haven't seen any like that U tube video. Don't fret as long as the warning lamps work!!!

Rab

dsc02091yn0.jpg

Hi alxm,

my series 3 dash looks exactly like yours. I haven't seen any like that U tube video. Don't fret as long as the warning lamps work!!!

Rab

Haha well thanks... Anyone with a series two have the same dash shown with the youTube video??? They look intriguing.

Anyhow, btw Rab before you commented on the dash thing I had already checked out your profile and thoroughly enjoyed your blog/post on your reversing...'difficulties'.

The early cars had the warning lights in the upper section of the instrument pod and they reflect down to give the "floating" heads up display effect. Kind of like the old arcade computer games used to do.

It was not implemented past the mark 2 IIRC. My 98 is the same as yours, it has the warning lights mounted on the gauge panel face.

The early cars had the warning lights in the upper section of the instrument pod and they reflect down to give the "floating" heads up display effect. Kind of like the old arcade computer games used to do.

It was not implemented past the mark 2 IIRC. My 98 is the same as yours, it has the warning lights mounted on the gauge panel face.

Talking of dashboards did you get the desired result with the replacement?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links