Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2005 Gs430 Uk Satnav And Australian Disk

Here is a bizarre one.

I am emigrating in October and thinking of taking my GS430 with me.

The UK and Australian GS are the same / very similiar but one area they (apparently) are not is the compatibility of the DVD satnav. For some reason the UK market satnav and Australian disk will not work together.

I am hoping that someone from the Lexus technical community may see this and be able to find out - is there any way of solving the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Marcus.

• 1 month later...

As a follow up...

Lexus Perth (Australia) didn't try very hard to find out why the satnav box and Australian DVD in a UK GS430 might be incompatible and what could be done to resolve. They just told me what a bad idea it was to export to Australia and that I should think about buying one of their Lexus GS430s.

Lexus UK customer services said they don't know and that I should ring their £1.50 a minute technical advice line.

Now to pay my finance off in the UK and ship the car to Australia will cost me £22K. To buy the same age car from a Australian Lexus dealer will cost $AUS80K or about £39K UK. It is a load of hassle to ship / import the car and it will be more dificult to sell the UK car in Australia as it will be an import but it can be serviced there and will depreciate at the same pace.

If I could just find out what modification I might need to make to get the satnav working in Australia, then it will help me decide whether to bother taking it or not.

Any help appreciated. I would particularly appreciate it if somebody could tell me if there is anyone else I could talk to before I ring the Lexus technical helpline.

Cheers,

Marcus.

Just for info, rather than getting no useful answers and just a sad sarcatsic comment, I used the US website "Club Lexus" who helped me find all of the information I needed through an Australian contact. They were very helpful, just like this board used to be when I joined as a gold member some years ago.

This site seems to be OK if you have a mark 1 or mark 2, but I don't think the community have the contacts or the knowledge they are prepared to share on the mark 3s - this is fine, but it is a bit of a shame that the only answers you do get are sarcastic.

Farewell.

Just for info, rather than getting no useful answers and just a sad sarcatsic comment, I used the US website "Club Lexus" who helped me find all of the information I needed through an Australian contact. They were very helpful, just like this board used to be when I joined as a gold member some years ago.

This site seems to be OK if you have a mark 1 or mark 2, but I don't think the community have the contacts or the knowledge they are prepared to share on the mark 3s - this is fine, but it is a bit of a shame that the only answers you do get are sarcastic.

Farewell.

It's a great pity that you take offence at a tongue in cheek comment which was not mean't sarcastically.

I really hope that your lack of humour doesn't prove a handicap in Australia.

All the best anyway, sorry to have caused any ill feeling.

Regards Dave

• 2 weeks later...