Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

No Sound Front Right Speakers

Hey Guys, Just got my hands on a lovely '98 Altezza but it has a few minor issues.

I'm getting zero sound from the speakers in the drivers door- the main one or the little tweeter this side of the mirror. I've checked all the fade and balance options in the radio. Then I removed the inside of the door panel (well as much as i could easily anyway) and from what wires and couplers i saw, they all look connected.

I've heard it might be something to do with a mobile phone kit or the sat-nav issuing commands from that speaker and muting it while it uses it. The sat nav screen looks fairly dead, not seen it light up at all so perhaps that has something do with it.

Here are some pics which show what kind of center console it has and the accompanying remote control.

I hope this is an easy fix.

Cheers Scorps, I'm a fan of white alloys on a white motor :)

Somebody may have taken the standard stereo out at somepiont and not put the plug in the back for the satnav back in?

Stav

Yeah I guess the next step is to check behind the head unit. I need to dive in there and fit a band expander anyway. I have the two bolts removed from the bottom where you pull out the traction control buttons but no ideas how to take out the screen to get at the top two.

I found a great tutorial here on this site 'Radio Removal.doc' but it assumed you have the satnav screen removed as per work shop manual which, I don't have.

Anyone come across a similar guide to remove the sat nav screen or is it a big job?

Cheers Scorps, I'm a fan of white alloys on a white motor :)
Somebody may have taken the standard stereo out at somepiont and not put the plug in the back for the satnav back in?

Stav

Yeah I guess the next step is to check behind the head unit. I need to dive in there and fit a band expander anyway. I have the two bolts removed from the bottom where you pull out the traction control buttons but no ideas how to take out the screen to get at the top two.

I found a great tutorial here on this site 'Radio Removal.doc' but it assumed you have the satnav screen removed as per work shop manual which, I don't have.

Anyone come across a similar guide to remove the sat nav screen or is it a big job?

Is is quite easy. there are guides on here if you search (Wozza's guide should probably cover it).

If your sat nav is knackered. i will buy it from you!

(will buy the whole screen surround panel and part ex you my non sat nav one in return. just bear it in mind! )

LOL Stoney jumping straight in.

To remove the top mate, theres a little panel in front of the screen. pop that off, and remove the two screws behind it.

Then just a firm tug towards you and slightly up will unclip it. Not too far though cause theres wires there.

Without pulling it all out you should now be able to reach the two bolts holding the top of the stereo,

Stav

• 2 weeks later...

Check the connections at the satnav unit in the boot. The speakers in the drivers door route through this. If it's been removed you'll need to join the wires.

The ones you need look like this.

speakerwiresinbootnq0.jpg

• 8 years later...
On 06/05/2008 at 10:21 AM, alimac said:

Check the connections at the satnav unit in the boot. The speakers in the drivers door route through this. If it's been removed you'll need to join the wires.

The ones you need look like this.

speakerwiresinbootnq0.jpg

Anyone still got the wiring picture?  I've just binned my satnav and need to join the two wires in the boot...

Thanks

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links