Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ive got a 2007 sport MM and noticed 1 of the wheels has started corroding, this might sound dumb will they just repair the wheel or replace it, if replace it will they replace all 4 or just the one thats knackered.

Ive got a 2007 sport MM and noticed 1 of the wheels has started corroding, this might sound dumb will they just repair the wheel or replace it, if replace it will they replace all 4 or just the one thats knackered.

I've got the same problem and relying on Lexus to replace all four as they did on my IS200 Sport.

I've got the same problem and relying on Lexus to replace all four as they did on my IS200 Sport.

No quibble at all. Ive just had all four of mine replaced at Edgware Road. There was corrosion/bubbling on the front two and their aftersales just ordered 4 brand new alloys from Japan. Took two weeks to arrive. Car looks brand new again.

You should only get the one that has a problem replaced,many dealers just do all 4 or 5.Dont be surprised if you are changing them again before the warranty runs out.
i saw boxes at the dealers parts dept with alloy wheel refurbishmentstamped on the side,many boxes,i don't think that we all get new ones?

You should only get the one that has a problem replaced,many dealers just do all 4 or 5.Dont be surprised if you are changing them again before the warranty runs out.
i saw boxes at the dealers parts dept with alloy wheel refurbishmentstamped on the side,many boxes,i don't think that we all get new ones?

Bristol dealership told me today they replace with new, not refurbished, and will therefore only replace those showing corrosion. Also told me Lexus GB have had so many complaints that they're on back order now, so may be a long wait. Also said Lexus only get this complaint from the UK..I said if they had got it from the USA they'd have done something about it by now..he said he couldn't comment on that :winky: .

However, he thinks the situation is about to change so advised it may be worth waiting a while..... :whistling: May be referring to the change of manufacturer that dgman noted.