Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Driving On To Ferry

wiggy1

I am planning a trip for next month and will be taking my car by ferry. My car is lowered, on springs not coilovers and I just want to know how handy it is getting on and off the boat. As it is the front bumper rubs the odd speed ramp so just like to know if anybody had any problems while driving on or off.

Thanks

Darren.

Hard to tell without without seeing the ramp on the ferry.

Some are not very big, some are, also depends on the tide level at the port and also what deck of the ferry they put you on.

Gunna have to take a chance I guess

There are 2 issues on a ferry:previous posts have covered the ramps:the other is parking-up which can be a night-mare with people "brushing past".

Best solution to this one is book a Priority Place so that you are first on/off to minimise contact.

Tel

just try and approach it at an angle if they allow... or back in and out :lol:

Backing in/out will not make any difference.The greater the angle you approach at the better.Where are you boarding ferry? Some docks have longer ramps. Dover can be a nightmare at certain tides.

Thanks for the reply lads. Guess i will just have to wait and see on the day. I Understand what you mean Tel about parking. I heard a story once about some fool who forgot to put the hand brake on and the car went all over the place, smashing of other cars like a pinball machine.

@Dave1, I am boarding ferry in Dublin port and getting off at holyhead and then back again.

@Dave1, I am boarding ferry in Dublin port and getting off at holyhead and then back again.

Sorry,never done that crossing so no idea on the ramps.Remember to lock your car with the key NOT with the fob to ensure your alarm is not activated by the movement of the ferry!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links