Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All, Great Site, and very helpfull. I'm trying to get as much info together before I part with the cash for a used LS400, and I would like to know, If the LS400 i brought didn't have the original owners manuals with it (cause there's a hell of a lot of buttons etc) can I obtain a replacement from anywhere else?, or do i need to ensure it comes with the car?

I know i really need to buy one with a service history, and i know about the faults with the dashboard, but is there any thing else i need to check specific to buying a used LS400

Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark

I think manauals are available from lexus dealership. These are the proper manuals. They do not always come with car... looks like someone has misplaced it.

The usual problems with LS400 is the dash light... and needles burning out. We do not get many other problems with the LS as it is probably one of the most reliable Lexus on the road.

if you get stuck with buttons Then make a list and we will answer these for you unless you have add on buttons.

Welcome to the club :)

Steve

Many thanks Steve,

I hope to stay with the group for a long time, it seems friendy, unpretentious and full of information,even for those of us who cant afford a new Lexus. :sad:

As to the manuals, i was more worried about the "user guide" type manuals you get whith a new car, you know the ones that tell you all the functions, Features and setups of the radio, a/c, cruise control etc, as I wasn't sure a 1990-1994 model one, would still be available to buy?

Cheers

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

I brought an LS400 in Oct 02. It had 86K on the clock with full service history and I had 4mths Lexus warranty left on it. The rev counter needle needed to be replaced under warranty at my local dealer. They gave excellent service and collected,returned and valeted the car--- what more do you want. I also got a service done -- £225, not bad.

I would say you need to buy with a full history. Don't forget that 20mpg is about average and a tank will cost over £50.

Regards

Jay

Thank for the info Jay,

What service did you have done for £225, and do you or anyone have any idea of the cost of the other major services, ie The biggie with the cam belt change?

Cheers

Mark

(aim to buy ls400 mid -end of May)