Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Polishers

Guest inicol63

Guest inicol63

I ask a question about which polisher should i get and thought i would share the information with you guys to the reply.

The guy that runs this business can offer us all a discount as LOC members.

If you care to look at his site then your see a host of products for your car detailing from:

polish

polishers

doo juice

pads

application........

Yes, I can offer the G220 to you at a discounted price – which package were you interested in? There’s no shop as it’s an internet business, but I have lots of local customers come to collect from me – so you’re more than welcome as you’re only 10 minutes away. I can give a larger discount on collected items too.

For polishers, you must only look at dual axis (like the G220) or rotary. These are the only effective polishers to use on car paintwork. DA machines are fine for amateur or professional use; rotary polishers are pro use only. Whatever you do, don’t waste money on an orbital polisher (like the cheap ones you find in Halfords) – you’re genuinely better off by hand and you may as well save the money towards a decent machine.

The 3 DA’s to consider are:

PC

UDM

G220

The top two are US import only as they are not CE marked and legal for sale in Europe. The PC is what the other two have evolved from. The G220 is the newest than thus the most superior machine, as it takes all the good bits from the PC and addresses the main issues (noise and vibration – PC’s will tire your wrists when used all day).

The main differences for the G220 are a torquier motor, less noise, much less vibration, rubberised grips and a vastly improved D-handle, so you hold it like a rotary. With the PC and UDM you have a side handle, which is useless, so you hold the actual head of the machine.

If you were going for one, I’d go for either the original tried and tested PC, or the G220. The UDM was an ‘own brand’ update on the PC by Autopia, and has suffered some reliability issues – it’s basically a PC with cheaper components and a slightly more powerful motor. If you import a PC, you’ll be able to get the machine much cheaper than a G220 – especially with the current exchange rate. However, if you don’t already have them, don’t forget you’ll need a 110v convertor (roughly £50 from Screwfix), 110v extension lead, and 110v site plug. You’ll need to rewire this yourself but I can guide you. Obviously there’s postage and the risk of import fees too (if you’re unlucky to get caught, it’ll make it much more expensive than a UK G220).

If you did need to buy the transformer etc, I reckon I’ll be able to supply you a G220 with a discount, cheaper than you can import a PC for – and it’s a better machine.

Kind Regards,

Gareth

Sales and Purchasing

www.detailedobsession.co.uk

Please add comments to the tread and tell us what machines and tips you have.....

Ian

Guest inicol63
Yes, I can offer the G220 to you at a discounted price – which package were you interested in?

Do you know any of the package price ? as im intrested in one myself :D

Gord i am waiting the price, however i am going to collect as i am just down the road.

Either let me know which one you want or email Gareth at sales@detailedobsession.co.uk

Maybe if we wait to see if other LOC want them, we could arrange a group buy.

Ian

Yes, I can offer the G220 to you at a discounted price – which package were you interested in?

Do you know any of the package price ? as im intrested in one myself :D

Gord i am waiting the price, however i am going to collect as i am just down the road.

Either let me know which one you want or email Gareth at sales@detailedobsession.co.uk

Maybe if we wait to see if other LOC want them, we could arrange a group buy.

Ian

The £199 kit Ian :D

japanese paint isn't normally the hardest of paint too, so whilst you can get cheap rotaries, i'd pay a bit more for a DA polisher as they are a bit more forgiving. Megs #83 and #80

polishes are pretty much all you would need as they dont need anything more aggresive. just make sure you work them properly....

the only thing to remember is you will only use it a couple of times tops. would cost about the same as getting a "pro" to do it for you, and they will get you a better finish, faster. polishing cars isn't rocket science, but if you get it wrong, it will cost a lot to sort it out. have a look on detailingworld at the amount of second hand g220's/PC'S/etc

you could say i have a vested detail as i detail as a hobbyist, but it took me at least a year to get to a level that i feel happy with, and thats after cleaning family and friends cars for years and with a bit of "trade" experience as well. and i'm still nowhere near the top guys.....

japanese paint isn't normally the hardest of paint too, so whilst you can get cheap rotaries, i'd pay a bit more for a DA polisher as they are a bit more forgiving. Megs #83 and #80

polishes are pretty much all you would need as they dont need anything more aggresive. just make sure you work them properly....

the only thing to remember is you will only use it a couple of times tops. would cost about the same as getting a "pro" to do it for you, and they will get you a better finish, faster. polishing cars isn't rocket science, but if you get it wrong, it will cost a lot to sort it out. have a look on detailingworld at the amount of second hand g220's/PC'S/etc

you could say i have a vested detail as i detail as a hobbyist, but it took me at least a year to get to a level that i feel happy with, and thats after cleaning family and friends cars for years and with a bit of "trade" experience as well. and i'm still nowhere near the top guys.....

very true.... when i was looking for a polisher i found many PC for about £60 - thats the route i would go for anyway.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest inicol63

Well guys i have now bought my g220 great deal at £143.

I have not had a chance to use it yet.

When buying it i bought a few extra items like a couple of pads and new rib cloth for drying the car these things are a must throw away those chamois leathers.

I may get to cleaning the cars this weekend and let you guys no of my results....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links