Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ebay Advice

please bid on this item if it doesnt reach my reserve price i will not sell it .

Straight from the eBay listing ( same font etc ) :(

And it's now back on at a start of £29.99, I suspect some people may bid very high on this to break the auction.

yes i saw that...BUT there was no reserve set. and that aint my problem is it?!?! if he didnt put a reserve then it his own fault and i have still won the item!!

also, by saying something like that it basically allows him to not sell it for all manner of reasons....even if it got to say 30 quid in the first instance, he could just think..".nah, i think i'll keep that" and just tell the buyer that it wasn't high enough bid!! that's the whole point of a set electroinic reserve.

Hi guys,

A bit of advice required if anyone can help....

Last night i won an item off ebay (paid 99p for it with £6 postage).

The seller promptly messaged me saying he WAS NOT going to sell it because it didn't reach a high enough auction bid!! Like that bothers me!!!!!

I know he is breaching T&C of ebay, but is there realistically anything i can do thats gonna get me the item?? He said he 'didn't know how to put a reserve on.' I have emailed ebay but i think i'm resigning myself to the fact its never going to materialize!!

also, if i slate him with negative feedback.....he can just do the same and make me look bad?!?!

Cheers

Rob

Hi Rob, if you paid paypal you can open a dispute (in dispute console on eBay summary - read the blurb there) and escalate it to a Paypal dispute. This means they record your mails and then have to resolve it. You may still not get your item but it will get him into lots of bother. Worked for me once. Rab

You know you have to bid silly money on it Rob. Then tell him :

"Its not really what I wanted to pay so I don't want it at that price."

Ok, its childish but sometimes you have to make a point to let people understand they have to be fair both ways, even if it a loss sometimes. Its what auctioning is all about. If someone had paid over the odds, I doubt he would have contacted them and offered to take less.

Some people need to learn by example.

that doesn't stop the seller then filing a non paying bidder dispute. So Rob will end up with the negative anyway. So nothing gained at the end of the day.

I quite agree and the mature thing to do is just forget it, which is probably what will happen.

I think we are offering support more than anything really. Rob knows the score if he does something. At least this may make the seller think twice before doing it again, should Rob decide to continue.

That muppet has bad feedback anyways, maybe we should all pester his ask seller question box 1x each.

A quote from his feedback...."not to be trusted. all promises and excuses. he's a fake bad ebayer. don't trust"

Also from his wheels currently for sale

"they are advertized elsewhere so reserve the right to end I'm in the dn33 area more details suppyed to the winner"

Proper dodgy git, he can't spell & included the old chestnut "reserve the right to end"

which should read ...."reserve the right to shag eBay for their commision if you contact me on the side"

Nuff said really :whistling:

The "Reserve the right to end" is against eBay rules and they will remove listing with it, they did it to me the other week with my phone. They removed the item, i had to modify the description and put it back up.

Also the "I wont sell if it doesnt reach my reserve price" is against the rules.

Hmm appears sopmeone has just reported him for that ;) lol

stav

The "Reserve the right to end" is against Ebay rules and they will remove listing with it, they did it to me the other week with my phone. They removed the item, i had to modify the description and put it back up.

Also the "I wont sell if it doesnt reach my reserve price" is against the rules.

Hmm appears sopmeone has just reported him for that ;) lol

stav

good man stav lad.

shall we message spam the guy asking pointless questions?! i can't really as he has my ID name....but i'm sure others can!! :whistling:

gotta get some level of satisfaction from this :winky: :lol:

Some cantact detail scan be obtianed from eBay request contact info, but often just phone number.

You are pretty screwed there thou mate, nothing you can really do. It's harsh, but thats eBay. For every genuine honest eBay member, there is another just out to rip you off!

I bought a ps3 the other day with £700 worth of games, for £380. The sellers girlfriend apparently "dropped it when packaging it, smashed it and now it will not even turn on! Very sorry."

Read: I dont wanna sell it that cheap so im pulling out with some lame excuse!