Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Road Tax

I was just looking at Parkers website for IS200 specs (still thinking of buying one) and there's a Road Tax page...

Rates effective from March 2008...

IS200 12 months road tax Band F £210.00

Rates effective from March 2009...

IS200 12 months road tax Band L £415.00 :shutit: :crying:

Rates effective from March 2010...

IS200 12 months road tax Band L £430.00

OUCH!!!

I get a vibe that Wozza's not a happy bunny about the new rates. :lol:

or the speed cameras hidden behind road signs,

speed humps (read as speed mountains in Fulham & some other areas),

parking tickets issued via CCTV cameras (a warden would walk along, tap the window and you would go...now you just get a ticket in the post),

roadworks causing major congestion/obstruction with no-one actually working at them at 3 o'clock in the afternoon,

pot-holes on poorly maintained roads that damage wheels, tyres & suspension.....

do I really need to go on ???

I'm sick & tired of the way we (the taxpaying public) sit down and take it without screaming loud enough to force change , and the lack of accountability (read as.... someone in front of me I can grab round the throat if I don't like the way they perform their public service) of people we pay to serve "us" (Councillors & MP's etc).

Sorry rant over :megaangry:

Still looks the dogs sitting on my drive though :whistling:

O the joys of owning a sport prestige car. :crybaby:

Mind you - i wish i had of known that before i bought my IS last week - it might of steered me in the direction of a reliant robin :ohmy:

& come to think about it - guess whos road tax is due April 1st 2009 :o

Guest inicol63

I am with wozza with this one.

This goverment are treating us like there puppets.

I have two cars the is200 as quoted at £430 in 2010

And then the sc430 at 1000 in 2010.

Add this to the congestion chargers / petrol price increases.

Now the goverment can see why so many Brits are moving aboard and this country going down the drain.

Seems like there happy to keep hitting us with one tax after the next.

What do they expect us to do walk to work.

You can buy a train ticket and if your lucky the train will arrives and then you can stand all the way to work for a small sum of £2000-£3000 a year.

Anyone got any other funny stories.

Ian

The problem is the British haven't got the spine to stand up for themselves.. They really are a bunch of sheep.. They do as they are told, stand in line and grumble about the weather but when it comes to standing up for themselves collectively then they really are a joke. Even when they do demonstrate, the government divide them and conquer by giving a few concessions to some, they then feel that they have a victory and go home leaving others out in the cold. The British point and laugh and jeer at the French but the French know how to get what they want. The average Brit is only interested in what he can get for himself and runs away from the problem rather that standing up for for his countrymen against the problem.

I agree with Wozza but nothing will be done and all folk will do is grumble :tomato:

roadworks causing major congestion/obstruction with no-one actually working at them at 3 o'clock in the afternoon,

Listening to Radio 5 on the way to work a few months back, they were taking calls about a junction leading onto the M25 (not sure where exactly).

There had been cones all over this junction for MONTHS, reducing it to one lane and causing huge tailbacks during rush hour.

After countless complaints from the public and enquiries by the media, the highways agency admitted that there was NEVER any plan for roadworks on that section and the lane had been deliberately closed to reduce the number and frequency of vehicles getting onto the M25, causing congestion on there!!

Following this admission, they then agreed to remove the cones... within the next 2 weeks! I wonder if everyone remained 'British' about it and waited for them to go or whether the cones were launched over the nearest hedge as soon as this admission was made? If it was me who had been stuck in that traffic on the way to work each day, I'm pretty sure I'd have been tempted to 'dispose' of them.

Makes you wonder how often this sort of thing happens elsewhere in the country?

Buy a pre March 2001 model.

Tax is 200 not over 400....also congestion charge is the lower band too.

for now :winky: i'm sure they'll come up with some sort of tax for older cars.......

time will tell

So we're all talking and agreeing on the robbery part so lets get something done , anyone got any ideas ? this can't go on any longer , the guys right about the french , its a well known fact that Co2 is not the major contributor in the global warming scam , its common knowledge its a planet merry-go-round and to top it off we are the only country in the world to do this . Whats needed is country's like India who are way behind in their industrial know-how are pumping tonnes & tonnes of pollution into the atmosphere , country's keep wiping out rainforests and as we all know trees are like lungs they mop up Co2 and produce oxygen from it .

Tell you what , yes I have an IS 200 sport , yes its band L but I'll go and plant four trees a year every time my road tax is due and I will have counteracted any damage done by me for the past year and the coming one , its all Bulls**t , we all know it is , lets act now .

I'm gonna wait a few months and burn down the houses of Parliament . Fawke em all.

B)

The CO2 issue is indeed a red herring... But it is a very lucrative one for those on the global climate change gravy train. And well worth the effort to perpetuate.. Lots of people are getting very rich from these lies.. and at the same time the likes of you and I are being kept in our places.. When life is so expensive most working families are too busy working to pay the mortgage and credit card bills to start demonstrating... Even students have become too focused on getting a foot on the ladder and getting a good credit rating to protest...

Now then do as they tell you and cough up......

Yeah cheers for that kinda smug comment mate, after I have spent several thousands making my car individual and unique,

your comments make me feel much better...not. Maybe I would have bought a pre March car .......

if I had known what was planned BEFORE I bought my car on a 4 year finance deal some 18+ months ago.

If I have an idea what is ahead, then I can plan accordingly and make my own choice as to wether the increased cost

was something I was prepared to pay. Now I have no choice in the matter with money already invested.

If I was in the market for a brand new car and knew that the car road fund licence was going to be £400+ for

what I was going to purchase I could make an informed choice. I would object less if this came in on new or maybe

cars up to 2 years old.

To affect cars that are 7 years old is wrong plainly from the point that people dont tend to drive them because they want to

drive a 7 year old car, they are obviously restricted by limited budget. Obviously people who are in the market for a new car

have their own budget restrictions, but again they then have a choice now knowing that this car tax hike is already in place.

They can make their judgement knowing in advance the resale values will be affected.

I did not have this choice when I bought my car, and have had this thrust upon me along with many many other drivers unfairly

as another form of Tax increase without raising the base rate. Yet again the motorist is an easy target.

My motoring costs keep escalating, food, utilities etc going through the roof, and yet I am earning no more money than I was 10 years ago.

I'm sure the MP's will get another nice 20% plus pay increase over and above all public sector workers, and the associated

pension bump too.

It really makes me wanna punch something :tsktsk:

What I still don't understand is that UK inflation is still at 2.5%!

I'm weighing up the pros and cons of buying an IS200 at the moment. I was considering an IS300 but the shocking price of fuel has really put me off buying anything with such low MPG figures (yeah, I know the 200 isn't that much better on fuel either!).

I saw a lowe-miler 54 plate 200 SE at the weekend for about £10k on a Lexus forecourt so I guess the impending tax change is having an effect on prices.

What I still don't understand is that UK inflation is still at 2.5%!

I'm weighing up the pros and cons of buying an IS200 at the moment. I was considering an IS300 but the shocking price of fuel has really put me off buying anything with such low MPG figures (yeah, I know the 200 isn't that much better on fuel either!).

I saw a lowe-miler 54 plate 200 SE at the weekend for about £10k on a Lexus forecourt so I guess the impending tax change is having an effect on prices.

I am not sure that petrol costs are included in how they measure inflation (retail price index)?

After looking at how cheap anything with a big engine is right now, wait till petrol hit 1.50 a litre, and you can buy big engined cars on the cheap!

After looking at how cheap anything with a big engine is right now, wait till petrol hit 1.50 a litre, and you can buy big engined cars on the cheap!

Something nice to look at sat rusting on the drive every morning while I set off walking towards the bus stop?

Yeah cheers for that kinda smug comment mate,

:offtopic:

Sorry, I wasnt trying to be "smug" in any way whatsoever. Where all I did was to point out that if he wishes to buy an IS he does have an alternative in regards to tax.

I totally agree with Wozza, none of us knew this was coming, well ok, we knew it would go up...but not at that much and that fast! I love my car, ive had it just over 2 yrs and the cost to keeping it is getting higher (not repairs, but on the road use). The goverment will always apply the win/win solution. They force car owners higher cost to keep the cars, and if you find alternative (public transport, which btw the money goes back to the goverment lol) you still end up paying through the roof for the late train/bus and maybe not even a seat once ur on. Some of us have to have a car to get to/from work (i travel like 34 miles a day), if i was to use public transport i would have to walk 40 minutes after an 40 minutes train journey (with 2 changes, each way). Not to mention we need it for our other day to day objectives. Yeah, i can get a different car, older..but then older a car gets the more repairs you will have to pay. Oh, ok get a cheaper car, then there goes having something to be proud of that you have worked for (in wozzas case working for lol). I'm sure theres plenty more things you can rant on about, but it will only get you more angry and hey look our NI is going up too!

The fat **** can do whatever he likes.. After all no one elected him...

Hmmm didn't our army go somewhere to remove an unelected dictator recently?....Hmmm I aint seen him on telly recently, Oh yes I remember, that guy was hanged until he be dead..... NOW THAT gives me an idea :shifty:

Hmmm didn't our army go somewhere to remove an unelected dictator recently?....Hmmm I aint seen him on telly recently, Oh yes I remember, that guy was hanged until he be dead..... NOW THAT gives me an idea :shifty:

PMSL i so wish :whistling:

Off topic but I thought it was funny a few weeks ago when Gordon Brown was complaining about Mugabe staying in charge of Zimbabwe when it was obvious that no one liked him and no one had voted for him! :shifty:

I'm 50/50 about buying another IS200 at the moment - I still think as a package they're one of the best cars out there but the spiralling costs do put me off a bit. I guess one option is to wait until next March and see if there's any bargains to be had once the new bandings are introduced - there's going to be a lot of cars sat on garage forecourts!

Yeah cheers for that kinda smug comment mate, after I have spent several thousands making my car individual and unique,

your comments make me feel much better...not. Maybe I would have bought a pre March car .......

if I had known what was planned BEFORE I bought my car on a 4 year finance deal some 18+ months ago.

If I have an idea what is ahead, then I can plan accordingly and make my own choice as to wether the increased cost

was something I was prepared to pay. Now I have no choice in the matter with money already invested.

If I was in the market for a brand new car and knew that the car road fund licence was going to be £400+ for

what I was going to purchase I could make an informed choice. I would object less if this came in on new or maybe

cars up to 2 years old.

To affect cars that are 7 years old is wrong plainly from the point that people dont tend to drive them because they want to

drive a 7 year old car, they are obviously restricted by limited budget. Obviously people who are in the market for a new car

have their own budget restrictions, but again they then have a choice now knowing that this car tax hike is already in place.

They can make their judgement knowing in advance the resale values will be affected.

I did not have this choice when I bought my car, and have had this thrust upon me along with many many other drivers unfairly

as another form of Tax increase without raising the base rate. Yet again the motorist is an easy target.

My motoring costs keep escalating, food, utilities etc going through the roof, and yet I am earning no more money than I was 10 years ago.

I'm sure the MP's will get another nice 20% plus pay increase over and above all public sector workers, and the associated

pension bump too.

It really makes me wanna punch something :tsktsk:

Here Here , well said mate , F**king poxy country's had it

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links