Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Fitted A Grounding Kit

Fitted a Supa grounding kit to my 3ltr SportX a couple of weeks ago expecting not much, maybe a smoother tick-over, but, the difference was very noticeable. It's like driving with a galeforce 8 tailwind. Definately worth the £40 I paid for it...

I look after the car inside and out so wasn't expecting this much improvement. I'd had one fitted to a previous 300ZX and it tidied the tickover but not much else. But this one was a big improvement.

Just thought I'd let you guys know.

Good luck

jack

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is one on Ebay thats specifically designed for the IS200 cause i helped the guy design it.

But yeah they are good, and can make the engine look better.

Stav

Lol Thats the guy!

Take it thats your car in the gallery pics then Stav. Think i'll invest in one once Mr Brown & Mr Darling stop taking all my cash.

Right well i've just bought the stav kit off ebay. I'll let you guys what differences i notice on a stock is200.

Ed

ur famous mate!!! :winky: :lol:

lol so not my intention! Just the fact that Stav helped design it gives it a hell of a lot more stock with me than the rest of the eBay tat. Been looking at these for a while wondering whether to buy.

Yep, kept my eye on one too...please report back Mr Edeath if you notice any difference, im a sucker for cheap things that improve car performace/modification. Definately going to buy one of them fuel savers with +30bhp bit of plastic from left over door stoppers.

Like i've said before i cant say a specific increase in something cause i fitted a few things at once but i certainly recommend it cause it didnt do any harm.

Stav

Thats fair do`s stav...will probley get one...just do you go direct on eBay or use the Link above? not to sure...if you go to eBay do you just type in grounding kit?

I went on eBay and ordered. Searched for: grounding kit is200. There is only 1 and it has Stav's Car all over it. He will supply in a good few colours too. I bought it to smooth out the engine even more and to get better audio quality and to maybe remove flatspots plus to see what improvement you can get for 40 quid. Plus i'm bearing in mind the OP drives a 300 so i'll see much less performance gain - no galeforce 8 tailwind lol

I was tempted to also buy an £30 electric supercharger, but i'll see how this gos first. :P

Ed

Here's how I fitted the kit:

Top picture:

Gold plated Battery clamp top right replaces the standard item – see pic 3 for detail. 2 wires come from the new clamp – one goes round the back of the Battery to the firewall, there’s a big earth connection there. One comes round the front onto one of the strut bolts. From there there’s another cable works it’s way forward to the front cross member above the rad – see pic 2 for detail.

From the firewall one connects to the throttle body – there’s lots of electrics under that slab of plastic – make sure it’s connected to the engine as some of the intake metalwork is insulated from the engine. And the final one runs along the top of an existing cable tidy (to keep it away from the exhaust manifold) to the front cross member – pic 2.

Few cable ties as it’s done. Clean up any connection too.

Good luck

jack

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links