Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Fitted A Grounding Kit

Well my one is taking quite a while to turn up. I emailed him last night asking if he had posted it, and he said he was behind on orders but mine would be in the post today. I'll write up a review when fitted. Might even remember to take photos............

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For only £40 what sort of noticeable gains are people looking for? Might try to help others by comparing my before and after, although as I said and as stated on their own website, I don't think any improvements will be very "noticeable" or "significant".

For only £40 what sort of noticeable gains are people looking for?

erm exactly what it says Bud really.

I want something other than extra leads in the engine bay for £40,

I want a positive improvement in an area I can notice in the cars Performance.

Be it better cold starting, better iddling, heck even better radio reception.

It's all good :D If not the £40 stays in my sky.

After all for £40 I can get 10x 25bhp "Superchips" (read 99p resistors) from E-Bay including postage.

Hmmmmmm that will give me 450+bhp :yahoo:

Ok.... I will try to measure the before/after per the claims on the site, going to keep an eye on these factors for the next week or so. Disclaimer, all opinions subjective in case if someone asks me for stats. 1 thing I have noticed, the car seem to handle fuel cuts a little more smoothly then before.

increased hp*

increased torque*

improved fuel efficiency

stabilised idle

brighter lights

quicker engine starts

reduced emissions

reduced audio noise

better protection from potential engine damage from poor ECU outputs

*This always creates a lot of debate - the generally accepted theory is that installation of an earthing kit can restore lost power/torque, where the loss is due to inefficient earthing, due to age, wear & tear etc. You might not realise your car is running short on power because of an earthing issue, but when a grounding kit fixes this you'll notice.

Can someone explain how a grounding kit increases torque/hp if thats what is being claimed.

Do they claim it will stop/ease squeaky wipers?

bad grounds can create weaker sparks and ECU signals i believe so by having a decent earthing kit it helps ceate better grounds and improve these things.

Its not saying it'll give you more, but it may return some from worn/old earth connections as standard.

Stav

Well this still hasnt turned up yet! How long did it take for your guys kits to turn up??? I'm getting impatient has been well over a week now, especially as i paid postage when you dont on the site.

Ive ordered one from him (Ebay) mine hadnt arrived yet so sent email last friday and he was behind on orders and said he would send it monday (today) so with the post being the way it is may turn up by 2012 ready for the olympics. :lol: :P only kidding...couple of days so tuesday-wednesday... :D

I think mine took nearly 2 weeks to arrive, I did e-mailed him about 1 week in and he explained his situation, so I was ok with it.

Impressions so far, again I stress these are totally subjective (and biased?), so don't hold me against any claims if you don't see any difference.

Increased hp/torque

Can't say there is, but the car does handle fuel cuts smoother.

Improved fuel economy

So far none observed.

Stabalised idle

Since idling has never been a problem, can't say I've noticed.

Brighter lights

Seems to be a little bit brighter, but without any proper measurements hard to say.

Quicker engine starts

Again my engine always rolled over first time round, so no difference observed.

Reduced emissions

Not measured.

Reduced audio noise

My local radio reception (Northants 96) appears to be better then before, doesn't get overridden by another nearby local radio (Horizon MK).

Disclaimer

Totally subjective, unscientific observations, not properly measured, may be biased.

Well £40 quid....i dont mind even if i get a good radio reception id be happy mine can break up a bit now and then....so....ill fit it and see....or even a bit more MPG id be happy. :D

Well mine was "posted" May 7th, ordered 29th April, and hasnt turned up yet. I emailed him on the 6th May initially asking if it had been posted. I will just be a bit miffed if he sent it 2nd class as i essentially gave him £3.25 extra postage as he sends them out for £40 normally.

You may want to give a little leeway for ebay listing fees, and paypal fees as well if you paid via that method.

Pretty sure he shipped 1st class though on mine, although we all know the reliability of Royal Mail is renowned :tomato:

True. I hadnt thought of that, havent sold anything on eBay for a while.

people mainly notice a difference after fitting a grounding kit because they disconnect the Battery during installation which resets the ECU.

Unless you have a problem with your existing grounding then any gains are going to be very very small. If the design engineers could get an extra couple of mpg out of the vehicle or better emissions just by installing a couple of wires they would have done it. Improved idling is probably the best you can hope for.

Right well i've just been told mine has turned up today: so i'll try and fit it tonight light permitting. I'll try and take some pictures of the install for people who are thinking of fitting a kit themselves.

I'm sorry but I'm with Colin on this one. Manufacturers would add these even for the marketing edge if they were required. Unfortunately, they are one of those things like the "Static strips" that used to hang to the floor. Even the Military got fooled by these for a while.

Before I say anything else though - you have not wasted your money if you feel the car is different - it may well be if you have bad earths to start with.

Your whole frame is the ground connection to your power system. Corrosion, Poor and loose connections etc. are your problem if you have one.

Not a single person has ever been able to show me a difference in potential at any given point before and after a fitted grounding kit, that is SOLELY (i.e. not one of the listed issues above) provided a solution or improvement.

A separate ground can help Noise suppression in amplifiers. It is not necessarily the cable though - often it is difficult to get a really good ground by stripping off the paintwork yourself and having it rough enough. Load factors, etc. influence this so by running a cable it is the best option in this area.

I would like to see someone show me a metered difference on calibrated equipment. It is very easy to measure and very consistent too. Its not one of those things that is subjective. It is a very definite process.

They can't do any harm though and if you do have any corrosion points increasing resistance then yes, you may well benefit. It is often worth looking at these first though. It will all be labour just like fitting the grounding kit so you have no monetary loss. (Maybe a bit of contact grease/petroleum jelly).

If you have a bad earth then this is for you. Plus, as Stav says, it makes the engine look good. You've done it yourself and made an improvement - worth the money then.

Well, I tried disconnecting the Battery and left it for 3 hours before reconnecting it - which is longer than it was disconnected when I fitted the kit, and I'm afraid to say, when it was reconnected and the car run on it's usual 14 mile run to work, there was no improvement. I therefore maintain that it is actually the grounding kit that improved the car when I fitted it a month or so ago... and not re-setting the ECU.

I hear what everyone says and I can only assume that it's the increased conductivity that's made the improvement. I think of it as restoration of poor contacts. It's not as though the contacts when new could be improved, it's just that they can be when the cars 6 years old and with 60k miles on the clock.

Good luck

jack

Hi guys.

Right well i fitted mine last night. Sorry was in a slight rush so didnt take any photos of the install in stages. I seem to have more power in the mid range 2500 - 4000 and the power does not kick in so hard when the engine comes on cam. Therefore the power delivery seems to be smoother. Also the bass oyut of my souns system seems to be alot cleaner and my speakers distort less. I was going to fit a small sub in the boot but ill see what this is like now over the next week.

Now before i credit the grounding kit for all this i must point out this is the first time the ecu has been reset after i installed a set of IK20s. I put the wires onto existing grounding points so the cables allready in situ will have become better connected aswell. Plus while i was under the bonnet with the airbox off a cleared the dirt off the throttle body. So the only think i can credit it with entirely is the cleaner bass.

Ed

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links