Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Advice

Right lads , few pointers needed ..

Going to look at 2005 SE at Listers of Hallow ( Worcester) tomorrow ( not sure if i should mention the name but what the hell ) ..

Car lloks mint but we shall see tomorrow . It's up on piston heads ...

Am confident enough to check it over myself but wondering if there are any cheper options in getting someone to double check it ..

Prices from the AA and RAC for an inspection are a disgrace .. I'd expect them to deliver it for that money ..

Also , Need an MOT which he is happy to do in the morning .. Maybe it's just being from Ireland where MOT/NCT cenetrs are not privately owned but it's a bit off putting ..

He wants it taxed before he lets it go .. Said he'll pay and then collect a refund somehow .. Is road tax that strict over there or is this just more company policy we have to put up with .. Suppose it's not a really bad thing ..

Anyway , any advice from you lads will be much appreciated ..

Cheers :D

Well it is illegal to drive if it does not have an MOT and/or Tax. And you can't tax without the MOT. So, hes just being law abiding........though i'm sure there will be some rule saying hes not allowed to let you drive it away without Tax & MOT, so i'm sure its more to do with avoiding a fine than being law abiding.

Ed

They have closed down ! Are you sure you are going there ? Think they are masquerading out of Cheltenham now.

What phone number did you ring ? 01905 is Worcester.

If I were you I would check both autotrader and Lexus.co.uk to make sure it's on there ;) And see where it says the car is. If in doubt phone Cheltenham and check with them ...............

Going to look at 2005 SE at Listers of Hallow ( Worcester) tomorrow ( not sure if i should mention the name but what the hell ) ..

Am confident enough to check it over myself but wondering if there are any cheper options in getting someone to double check it ..

Prices from the AA and RAC for an inspection are a disgrace .. I'd expect them to deliver it for that money ..

Also , Need an MOT which he is happy to do in the morning .. Maybe it's just being from Ireland where MOT/NCT cenetrs are not privately owned but it's a bit off putting ..

He wants it taxed before he lets it go .. Said he'll pay and then collect a refund somehow .. Is road tax that strict over there or is this just more company policy we have to put up with .. Suppose it's not a really bad thing ..

Proper dealerships (i.e. those affiliaterd to a particular marque, not just general 'allsorts'), are not allowed to let you drive off the forecourt without tax, and for them to do this they need proof that you have insurance for the vehicle, too. So you should get your insurance company to fax a copy of the new certificate of insurance to the dealership. They (the dealership) have to provide the MOT certificate. It is very strict over here and would be very costly plus points on your licence if you do not have all *three documents and current tax (*three docs: insurance for the car, MOT for the car, registration document for the car).

PS: We are not all lads on this site - I am female!

Proper dealerships (i.e. those affiliaterd to a particular marque, not just general 'allsorts'), are not allowed to let you drive off the forecourt without tax, and for them to do this they need proof that you have insurance for the vehicle, too. So you should get your insurance company to fax a copy of the new certificate of insurance to the dealership. They (the dealership) have to provide the MOT certificate. It is very strict over here and would be very costly plus points on your licence if you do not have all *three documents and current tax (*three docs: insurance for the car, MOT for the car, registration document for the car).

PS: We are not all lads on this site - I am female!

well said lol :whistling:

Ah OK I found it. This is no longer a Lexus dealership but used to be - just if anybody is confused like I was. The dealership was Listers before and still is at Cheltenham !!

I guess it's a fair price for an auto but it hasn't got MM :( , 2 owners and 34k miles but no mention of service history.

Again don't be confused is it Lexus approved as their website is misleading.

I have had cars from them at Worcester when they were Lexus and they ( Listers ) were nothing but trouble - just my opinion.

PM if you want to know more.

You also need insurance to drive it over here :)

Guest inicol63

Main dealers dont need to have tax as they normally have trade plates and these can be used on test drives.

The dealer is covered on their insurance for you to drive subject to seeing your driving licence and every thing is as it should be.

Hope this helps.

Surely you could get 6 Months rent thrown into the deal . sounds a bit squiffy to me , you may want the car but there are others about , he'll be aware of that , but he wants your money - full stop , if you do the deal do it on your terms , not his , don't let him bully you and make him fully aware that you are willing to go elsewhere , he'll come round believe me !

Good luck , whatever you decide .

Regards

Paul.

B)

Thanks lads ,,, oh and ladies too of course ..+ :)

Well have bought the car and all is brilliant .. I love it ..

Sorry Steve , you must have the wrong car .. This one is manual with two owners the lexus dealer being one .. Full service history .. Lexus dealer was there but outgrew the site apparently .. Right now they are listers of hallow , prestige and sports cars.. Probably the most proffesional dealer I've ever dealt with and could not recomend them highly enough.

They had the car MOT'd and cleaned up for when I arrived.. They collected me from train station which was great ( nice M3 ) To be honest I was nearly sold once i saw it first time , even before i went through it all.. They taxed the car for me and let me drive back with tax disk . I just have to post it back over so they can claim back the refund. Car was definately bought on my terms and was happy to pay the price we agreed.

I'm so impressed with the lexus it'ds hard to put into words.. Nav all the way back to Holyhead was absolutely brilliant and works perfectly around dublin too .. May need new dvd for more detail around Ireland if one exists .. Can't believe how smooth and slick the drive is.. In every aspect .. Love the arm rest even .. Love that you can get through all the gears with the elbow still down .. Beautiful....

So thats it for now ,,, one very happy bunny !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

will put up the ad pics when I figure that out ..

Thanks for the help .. Didn't mean to sound naive in the original post ,, just pre flight nerves i guess .. Could't have gone better in the end ..

:D :D

Glad it all turned out OK, thought it was the IS250 you were going for !!

Nice to see they have turned the fotunes of the site round.

Seems strange they didn't sell as Lexus Approved from their Cheltenham site. Both sites are Listers.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links