Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Quick Opinions Needed On This Deal

fuel prices are rising every day, it's fast becoming a buyers market for anyone wishing to buy a car. NEGOTIATE HARD until the salesman is about to cry.
and after that keep going until he's thrown his mother in as well.

why the rush decision.

tax up on mine, plus expecting heavy drop in next months glasses guide

offer him the lowest price that you can find the std car for,and get them to throw in the next service.you really are in the driving seat.be prepared to walk away today as you can put 6 month tax on your car while you look for another deal.

been offered a non SE auto model but with the 17in alloys for £21500 new

good deal?

only difference i have been told is the leather/electric/heated seats

is this true and would you pay the extra for them?

need to say yes or no tommorrow

cheers

se would also have 245 tyres on rear not 225.

drivethedeal is doing the same car with metallic paint for £22500 so deal looks good, I take it it is latest spec?

yes is latest spec but pre registered

wonderd what your opinion is on the fact its not an SE?

will it effect resale much?

buy the way the px is an eos manual that the wife has taken against

I called another 2 dealers told them the deal I was being offered and asked if they wanted to beat it... Ended up getting a new SE for less than a pre reg, if you are in a position to deal now you have the upper hand.

Don't be shy to phone non local dealers, I had an English dealer willing to deliver my car from over 200 miles away to get the deal, ended up local dealer matched them...

A deal to salesman / woman with little profit is better than no deal at all, say that and see what response you get :) Don't let them bully you

I have just picked up a 55 plate IS220D SE with MM, Sunroof, Full leather, in Caxton Slate 17" wheels

18 thou mile on it

i paid £17900. less just over £3000 for my IS200 sport on a Xreg with 149 thou mile on clock, badley pitted wheels

so all i had to had over was £14900 for a £30000 car just over 2 years old

They have also thrown in the 20k service

and 6 months Tax

Only down side is i have to wait over a week for my Number plate to be transferred

Regards Matt

fuel prices are rising every day, it's fast becoming a buyers market for anyone wishing to buy a car. NEGOTIATE HARD until the salesman is about to cry.

the only thing to remember is that as much as its a buyers market for new cars, so you want a discount, its also a buyers market for your used car. used prices are dropping much faster than new because if you are in a position to pay £400/whatever tax on the new car, and fuel it, the person who is potentially buying the used one isn't. you can expect a good deal on the new one, but dont necessarily expect "book" prices for the used car....

i was talking to a dealer yesterday who had someone who was trying to trade in a porsche cayenne - book was a smidge over £21k, the best bid they could get was £15500 :doublesho:

march was a record month for registrations of high emitting cars..... the new tax structure has really helped cut emissions hasn't it :lol:

the only thing to remember is that as much as its a buyers market for new cars, so you want a discount, its also a buyers market for your used car. used prices are dropping much faster than new because if you are in a position to pay £400/whatever tax on the new car, and fuel it, the person who is potentially buying the used one isn't. you can expect a good deal on the new one, but dont necessarily expect "book" prices for the used car....

i was talking to a dealer yesterday who had someone who was trying to trade in a porsche cayenne - book was a smidge over £21k, the best bid they could get was £15500 :doublesho:

march was a record month for registrations of high emitting cars..... the new tax structure has really helped cut emissions hasn't it :lol:

Thry probably thought that if they bought this year they would save money but that nice Mr Darling you have over there has put the kibosh on that now hasn't he. Mind you at least he is not like the clown we have over here who is not backdating the taxes on emmissions and annoying people who have bought diesels pre July this year.

Your damned if you do and damned if you dont.