7 yrs NCB

0 points but SP50 in 2000

Bike claim in Jan 2000 - black ice

Bike claim Sept 2003 - other party admited liability

Myself (35) and wife (35) to drive

Parked on driveway

Direct Line

£640

Bummer was they had quoted £520 but had me down for a staff discount at first :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

When I took my insurance out I did a quote online with Esure. I then called Directline, the AA & a few others. Everyone I called where about £50 to £200 dearer than Esure AND directline said nobody can touch Esure. So go here http://www.esure.com/ and see what kind of a quote you get (you must have 4 or more years no-claims).

You do need a certain amount of NCD with esure as they only insure 'safe' drivers. Their quotes are normally just lower than Directline - basically because they are the same company and give a slightly bigger discount.

Colin, don't think you're right about them being the same company - esure is Bank of Scotland subsidiary, and direct line is Royal Bank of Scotland sub.

I had esure reject me for a house insurance quote ( although I have been with them for a few years with the car ) saying you are in an area liable to flooding. River Severn is about 4 miles away ... so if my house floods there will be a disaster in Worcestershire ......... I am told them that ..... "well our computer" ... so went elsewhere.

When I took my insurance out I did a quote online with Esure.  I then called Directline, the AA & a few others.  Everyone I called where about £50 to £200 dearer than Esure AND directline said nobody can touch Esure.  So go here http://www.esure.com/ and see what kind of a quote you get (you must have 4 or more years no-claims).

was with esure,really cheap,230 quid fully comp,but guess what they dont take exterior styling kits on,so off i went some where else :crybaby:

i could have sorted it easy by taking my bumper off but thats what makes the lex nice,i`m with lexus now,you can mod as much as you want but you must tell them though,dont hide anything lads even zausts cause your car wont be insured believe me :)

Besty,

Are you with Lexus Insurance or the Lexus Owners Club insurance?

i`m wid lexus colin,they were 370,LOC was 550

There was talk about Lexus insurance not allowing mods. Glad this is not true. I will try them when my renewal comes up.

Besty,

Are you with Lexus Insurance or the Lexus Owners Club insurance?

i`m wid lexus colin,they were 370,LOC was 550

There was talk about Lexus insurance not allowing mods. Glad this is not true. I will try them when my renewal comes up.

they said i could have any mod as long as i tell them,good i think,nice polite service on the phone too :) they said if i put a new zaust on it would put the premium up from between 5 and 25 percent,they said put it on ,give them a ring and they will sort it,they refer it to the technical side but will allow it :)

I'm with Bell Direct. They are part of the Admiral group but cheaper, good on-line prices here.

I'm paying £626 for a 12 month policy with 3 years NCD, aged 26 for me and the girlfriend, both clean licences.

I've been impressed with the service so far, hoping not to find out any more!

Policy up in new year...be first policy for my is200 Sport 99

Quote from elephant.co.uk

25 years old

10 month policy

2 NCB (touching wood now :ph34r: )

£250 voluntary excess & 50 compulsory

1 fault claim in last 3 years

£661

Got my renewal in from Admiral and pleasantly surprised with £640.32. I did not expect them to beat elephant(their internet-only company).

Tried Bell after reading Stevebish's post and they quoted me £645.

So I think I'll stay with Admiral....good customer service too.

Note: All quotes in this reply are for 10 month bonus policy with my girlfriend(IAM certified) as 2nd driver.

i just ran my renewall quote thru tesco online, as i'm already with them, and this is what came back:

22 years old (23 3 days after new policy)

3 yrs NCB

Lexus IS200s

aftermarket rear spoiler

10000 miles pa

car kept in garage overnight (cough cough)

£200 voluntary excess

£100 compulsary excess

1 conviction (4 1/2 years ago, 3 points for speeding)

£653.10

didn't think that was too bad really, but i intend to shop about!

can someone PM me the contact details of Lexus insurance and the Lexus Owners Club insurance please?

cheers!

Stu

i just ran my renewall quote thru tesco online, as i'm already with them, and this is what came back:

22 years old (23 3 days after new policy)

3 yrs NCB

Lexus IS200s

aftermarket rear spoiler

10000 miles pa

car kept in garage overnight (cough cough)

£200 voluntary excess

£100 compulsary excess

1 conviction (4 1/2 years ago, 3 points for speeding)

£653.10

didn't think that was too bad really, but i intend to shop about!

can someone PM me the contact details of Lexus insurance and the Lexus Owners Club insurance please?

cheers!

Stu

you have pm

The speeding conviction is spent it is no longer valid...

For d.v.l.a. purposes(on license) 3 yrs.

Insurance purposes 4 yrs.

tesco asked if i had any convictions from the previous 5 years.

it's nearly off anyway, but the cheeky sods at the DVLA want another £20 to take them of my license!

i don't f :tsktsk: ing think so!

they can stay there until i move, then they do it for free!

Stu