Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

More Hid Talk

I could really do with a little help choosing an HID upgrade. It seems the more I read about them the more confusing it gets! Can anyone recommend a good set? I am prepared to pay up to £130.

I have attached a couple of links below of items I found on eBay. They look pretty good to me, but I could really do with a second opinion. Thanks very much for your help.

Item number: 140229000996

Item Number: 180235922189

post-22869-1209548209.jpg

post-22869-1209548223.jpg

keep searching mate theres places you can buy them for cheaper

i got mine fot £65 all in

also the second item does have slim ballasts so thats a plus if your struggling for space or want to hide them

I would suggest getting them from a U.K Supplier, not from China/Hong Kong/U.S.A

as returns are ridiculously expensive/drawn out.

I have a 9006 (dipped bulb) 6000k set in my IS200 and love them to bits.

I can recommend these guys (Item number: 160235210857) as they have a 24 month guarantee,

please check the listing before you buy to ensure you are happy with what you are buying.

keep searching mate theres places you can buy them for cheaper

i got mine fot £65 all in

also the second item does have slim ballasts so thats a plus if your struggling for space or want to hide them

Thanks for your reply!

I have actually looked at those items and I selected my two choices for the reason that the slim ballasts look like a good idea. Plus, I like the idea of purchasing a branded item, as I have heard a few horror storys about some of the cheaper imported ones, and I don’t really want to be the guinea pig!

Guess I am really looking for someone to point me to a set that they use and are happy with.

Nice one Wozza. Think I'll go for them then. No probs with MOT I take it?

I'll find out next month :winky: but I am not expecting them to be any sort of problem.

Also a word of warning about a particluar sellers claims to be selling Bosch H.I.D's(extract from one of the links above)...

Item number: 140229000996 Seller lyly8778 (die lie lie as a seller name give you a clue ? :lol:

He leaves retaliatory negative feedback if you state they are fake kits, so you either live with the negative feedback

or mutually agree to remove the feedback.......

"Please note: we buy these kits from the factory directly, not BOSCH, as BOSCH does not make these kits themselves and does not sell these kits in aftermarket, we "bypassed" BOSCH and bought these kits, that's why we can offer such a decent price. And also the warranty is issued by the factory, not BOSCH as BOSCH can't recognize these kits."

Utter BS, Bosch do not make or allow their kits to be "aftermarket" 100% fake kit & statement,

see these responces from this sellers feedback.

"WARNING !WARNING! !FAKE BOSCH KITS DO NOT BUY!!! READ all feedback and i PAYED!!"

"Not genuine Bosch items, but for this price I wasnt expecting much. Be advised."

"FAKE BOSCH KITS DO NOT BUY!!! SPEAK TO BOSCH BEFORE BIDDING!!!!!!

WOULDN'T OFFER A REFUND WHEN ASKED. LENGTHY PAYPAL DISPUTE IN PROCESS!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Bosch say this is fake and I feel I have been done! One to stay away from!!

YOUR ADD STATES "BOSCH OEM PARTS" FRAUDSTER & FAKE GOODS - FEEDBACK SAYS IT ALL!"

"Total FAKE KIT, This is not BOSCH cheap Jap import with BOSCH stickers b warned"