Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Phew! That Was Tense! (united Win)

TBH though thats a pathetic excuse, what else have you got to play for? City at the weekend?

He's paid enough money i'm sure he could play another 15minutes of football tight hamstring or not.

Stav wtf has being paid enough money got to do with a player taking a knock & struggling. Get real.

In our most important game of the season, do you honestly think he would take off probably the

best "in form" striker on the planet, if he wasn't carrying some form of injury ?

BBC Sport Webstite

"The Spaniard also explained his decision to withdraw star striker Torres straight after Chelsea's second goal,

saying: "He had a problem with his hamstring."

His 2 best assets are his finishing.....and his pace. Take one of those away and he is 50% less effective.

Ever tried running at full pelt with a tweaked hamstring ? QED

Also bearing in mind that "winger" scored a great goal, scored another great goal against Arsenal in the quarters,

and actually sees himself as a winger that has converted to a striker a la Henry, I don't think the descision to

take off Torres can in fact in any way be critisized.

I'm not making any excuses as to losing the game. The reason we lost is exactly the same reason any team loses a game......

they scored more than we did.

It was just my opinion.

But incidently Babels goal was damn lucky to get past a keeper as good as Cech.

And Rafa's excuse of "a problem with his hamstring" isn't very informative and from what i've seen on sky he asaid it very sheepishly like he knew he'd done wrong.

But at the end of the day the team who scored more won and you can't change that, I personally just dont think Rafa will EVER take you where you want to be but thats just my opinion.

On to the weekend then Your final hiding of the Season at White Hart Lane on the last day ;)

COYS!

I personally just dont think Rafa will EVER take you where you want to be but thats just my opinion.

Champions League Winners 2005 (wanted to be there)

European Super Cup Winners 2005 (wanted to be there)

F.A Cup Winners 2006 (wanted to be there)

Charity Shield Winners 2006 (wanted to be there)

Add to that countless semis and a couple of losing finals as well (including the World Club Championship where we were universally robbed).

Not forgetting this season he bought the best striker we have ever had in a debut season

(scoring more League goals in his debut season than Michael Owen did at any season with the club).

Football is a game of opinions, & it's just my opinion but he ain't doing too bad. :whistling:

I personally just dont think Rafa will EVER take you where you want to be but thats just my opinion.

Champions League Winners 2005 (wanted to be there)

European Super Cup Winners 2005 (wanted to be there)

F.A Cup Winners 2006 (wanted to be there)

Charity Shield Winners 2006 (wanted to be there)

Add to that countless semis and a couple of losing finals as well (including the World Club Championship where we were universally robbed).

Not forgetting this season he bought the best striker we have ever had in a debut season

(scoring more League goals in his debut season than Michael Owen did at any season with the club).

Football is a game of opinions, & it's just my opinion but he ain't doing too bad. :whistling:

But what the fans really want is the league surely?

And he never seems to be able to get that right.

But your also forgetting you bought Dirk Kuyt last season over Berbatov and what a silly decision that was!

But what the fans really want is the league surely?

It would be real nice, but he ain't perfect, but then show me who actually is :whistling:

...also forgetting you bought Dirk Kuyt last season over Berbatov and what a silly decision that was!

Dirk has had by his own standards a poor season, & there are reasons for this (some off field), plus he is

being asked to play on the right in midfield which is obviously not his best position either.

He gives 100% commitment for the team with never any complaint about the job being asked of him.

The club and manager still believe in him, as do the fans.

Oh BTW remind me the last time Spurs won the Champions League ?

Oh ok then remind me the last time they were even in a Champions League Semi Final as I don't seem to recall ?

Good crack debating with ya Stav :D

O.K. lads I started this so....lets all go down the pub and remember the good times. Its just a game. I've just come back from a lovely long walk through Bluebell woods in the sunshine, listening to birdsong (and planes overhead!) But the memory of Solsjkaers last sec goal in 99 will do me footy wise!Or the odd Ronaldo freekick/backheel goal? :whistling:

Topic over?

Dirk has had by his own standards a poor season, & there are reasons for this (some off field), plus he is

being asked to play on the right in midfield which is obviously not his best position either.

He gives 100% commitment for the team with never any complaint about the job being asked of him.

The club and manager still believe in him, as do the fans.

Oh BTW remind me the last time Spurs won the Champions League ?

Oh ok then remind me the last time they were even in a Champions League Semi Final as I don't seem to recall ?

Good crack debating with ya Stav :D

And Dirk Last season? Still useless.

And as for Spurs winning things. We may not have won the champions league, and yes Liverpool are one of the most successful English teams but what have you won this year?

Same as Ar5ena1 sweet FA. Looking from the outside i'm just not seeing Liverpool as a team progressing. Everyone at the beginning of the season tipped you for the top (as they did with Spurs) but you just fizzled out.

Also who was the first British team to win a major Europeon Trophy? ;)

Anyway With Senor Jaude at the Helm i'd be looking over your shoulder next year unless your already looking forward trying to catch the blue half of Merseyside (incidently the original owners of Anfield i believe).

I'm not trying to say Spurs have a better history than Liverpool cause i'll never win that one, just that Liverpool havent been the team everyone (including myself) think they should have in the past few years (including 2005)

Stav

Liverpool havent been the team everyone (including myself) think they should have in the past few years (including 2005)

Stav

Good fun & all that Stav, no problem with what you are saying, until you added 2005 that is, cos that is plainly ludicrous.

I think you've been on the Happy Pills today matey.

"But the memory of Solsjkaers last sec goal in 99 will do me footy wise", and Charltons header in 68. Would be nice for the club as its the 50th anniversary of Munich.

The team that Benitez had in 2005 consisted mainly of Houllier's players and he did brilliantly winning the champ league that season. Who ever would have thought Djimi Traoure would ever get a champ league winners medal??

Torres was bought off the other night because of a tight hamstring. If he continued and then damaged it, he would have been out for ages and then maybe off form, loss of sharpness, pace etc. So a good call by Rafa on that one. The replacement of Ryan Babel was also justified in his goal. It was also a like for like sub in that he is very talented and extremely quick. He is also a striker NOT a winger.

I hate to say it but I'll be cheering on Chavski in the final.. I might even get one of those atmosphere creating plastic flags they give out! Plastic flags for plastic supporters. :lol:

thought I'd chance my arm , you never know .. Looking for any tickets for the UEFA cup final.. For a bloke in work ..

Might be worth the few seconds it took to type this ..

thanks !!!! ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links