Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well Its That Time Of Year Again

Just got my insurance renewal from A Plan, I was a bit taken aback to say the least its £100 more than last year even though i have an extra years NCB, phoned them to confirm it was right, to be told yes its because of an extra premium when you fitted the supercharger. Funnily enough the guy didnt have anything to say when i told him i paid it last year and it was still cheaper.

So anyone on here got a decent quote with mods from anyone other than A Plan

A Plan want £928, (27yrs old, 4 years NCB, Mods listed below.)

Just got my insurance renewal from A Plan, I was a bit taken aback to say the least its £100 more than last year even though i have an extra years NCB, phoned them to confirm it was right, to be told yes its because of an extra premium when you fitted the supercharger. Funnily enough the guy didnt have anything to say when i told him i paid it last year and it was still cheaper.

So anyone on here got a decent quote with mods from anyone other than A Plan

A Plan want £928, (27yrs old, 4 years NCB, Mods listed below.)

Try the AA, they are surprisingly good and will shop around for you.

about £250 with protected no claims for IS300 from Churchill, £360 for GS300 from Priviliged- £400 excess on both.

My 19 year old son was sent an unsolicited "competitive" quote from AA for his Fiesta TPFT £1020 compared to the £600 he already has for fully comp from Churchill. Makes you wonder where they get their prices from

I used gocompare.com

I had to re-insure my IS200 yesterday (well it's due on the 14th of May but I may as well get the bank account hit big in one swoop with the car tax of £210)

02 Reg IS200 Se, 13,000 miles (10k for business use) worth about £6k + no mods

Clean licence and 8yrs protected no claims, access to another car, parked on a driveway in a PR5 postcode

I managed to get a pant-wettingly good premium of £325 (inc legal cover) :yahoo: from Privilege yesterday by using GoCompare. Asked A-plan if they could shift & match it from their renewal quote of £455, which they couldn't.

I had to re-insure my IS200 yesterday (well it's due on the 14th of May but I may as well get the bank account hit big in one swoop with the car tax of £210)

Clean licence and 8yrs protected no claims, access to another car, parked on a driveway in a PR5 postcode

I managed to get a pant-wettingly good premium of £325 (inc legal cover) :yahoo: from Privilege yesterday by using GoCompare. Asked A-plan if they could shift & match it from their renewal quote of £455, which they couldn't.

One of the few advantages of getting old is getting cheaper insurance, Swiftcover.com do me for about £240ish.

An advantage with them is if you do the occaisional short trip of up to 3 days in Europe, you don't need to inform them that you're going, and you stay at fully comp rather than 3rd party.

Nev

Yr SC wont help the quote.

A lot of insurers wont touch cars with that mod.

Tell me about it! With everything declared i get stung for £111 a month!

Actully not that bad, fully comp, 23, 1yr NCB, Tesco!

One of the few advantages of getting old is getting cheaper insurance, Swiftcover.com do me for about £240ish.

An advantage with them is if you do the occaisional short trip of up to 3 days in Europe, you don't need to inform them that you're going, and you stay at fully comp rather than 3rd party.

Nev

hmm not sure how to take that :eerrrmm: - I am 'only' 32 (33 in August) - when I asked A-plan if they would match it, they said no chance and actually said it's probably an end of month deal, and advised me to buy it now !

• 2 weeks later...

I was with A-Plan when I had the supercharger fitted and they wouldn't touch me with it!

Had to end the policy and moved to Adrian Flux for about £550. Just had my renewal through with them for nearer £650 even though nothing has changed (except another years no claims).

Seems insurance is going up as well as tax and fuel!