Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aristo Tyre Size Advice

Anees

Hi guys,

I have bought some new rims for my Aristo (pics will follow when on the car ;)). I am just unsure on the tyre sizes to go for.

The Rims are:

8.5" FRONT 19"

10" REAR 19"

The knowledgeable person at the alloy shop has recommended:

245/35/19 FRONT

275/30/19 REAR

These I know should be fine, but I was thinking about going for a slightly higher sidewall which will help with ride comfort and help reduce the chance of bending the rims such as:

245/40/19 FRONT

275/35/19 REAR

I have used an online calculator and the car speedo would read over by about 4-5mph.

Should I just stick with the recommendation from the tyre place or should I go with a slightly larger sidewall?? It seems that having a larger/wide sidewall is not actually that much bettter, especially in the rain.

Thanks,

Anees

Thats what I thought about a 30 sidewall too mate. The Americans do a fat tyre setup that is 285/40/19 on the rear but I think that would throw the speedo out too much.

They recommend Cooper ZX2 tyres, but I can get Falken FK-452 for the same price which I know are good tyres (got them on the BMW).

Standard production cars are designed to take the same tyres all around - mix and matching can be dangerous and is apparently THE main cause of accidents where tyres are to blame.

Personal view - stick to the same type and make all around. The added bonus is when you service the vehicle you can also rotate the tyres around the car to even out any wear.

Standard production cars are designed to take the same tyres all around - mix and matching can be dangerous

Same make Tyres ..Yes :)

Same size Tyres .. No :tsktsk:

The rims are staggered on the Aristo, as they are on the IS250 Sport and many other cars.

Therefore the different size rims need different size tyres.

Nice to see you are still on here goodoldgrandad ;)

Yep Wozza is right, after gettings lots of help on the Aristo forum from people that actually have the tyres on their car:

245/40/19 FRONT

285/35/19 REAR

are the ideal sizes to go for, so you don't loose much comfort compared to 18" tyres since the sidewall is practially the same. The Aristo takes Supra fitment alloys, so staggered fitment is what many many owners have. The standard mk1 Aristo Lexus Gs300 wheels where in fact staggered (8.5" front and 10" rear).

Camskill have a special offer on Toyo T1-R tyres, so they are working out slightly cheaper then the Falkens if I get a 275 rear instead of a 285. The 285 is £180 and the 275 is £120.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links