Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Changing Dash Light Colour

Was thinking of changing dash lights from stanard orange to red and blue(like in VW's) seen the LED kits on eBay but just wondering how easy it is to remove the dash and is it just a question of pulling the old led's out and putting the new ones in, i've replaced the bulb in the trc button and that just turned and popped out are the dash the same

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes and no, the speedo cluster are quite easy with the correct bulbs (see Aztecbandit1 for the correct ones).

The A/C ones are darned difficult & tricky. Sparkystav has done those, but they take ages.

Don not buy the ones from E-Bay as they really are rubbih and every member moans after they buy them.

You have been warned, don't waste your money, talk to the members above who will advise you the best.

yes and no, the speedo cluster are quite easy with the correct bulbs (see Aztecbandit1 for the correct ones).

The A/C ones are darned difficult & tricky. Sparkystav has done those, but they take ages.

Don not buy the ones from E-Bay as they really are rubbih and every member moans after they buy them.

You have been warned, don't waste your money, talk to the members above who will advise you the best.

Ok cheers Wozza will see what advice Aztec and Stav can offer, is it just a question of needing a certain number of 1 type of bulb or are there different bulb types for different sections, any pics of finished upgrade would help aswell, cheers guys.

Looks sweet defo want to do mine now, how long did it take Aztecbandit to do id he just pop the old ones out and stick new ones in, the stuff Stav e-mailed me (thanks Stav) looked a bit too complicated for my tiny brain it involved soldering and stuff I'm not really comfortable doing with very limited knowledge, was just hoping it was as simple as a straight swap.

2448201989_cf58650d33_b.jpg

This is thanx 2 Y2K

what bulbs were they you used trudi,im tempted to do mine

Bulbs

Used these u need 3 Aztec gave me 1 of his so not sure on the 1 he used as my 3rd 1 was 2 brite :unsure:

Thought u said mine looked like Blackpool Lights :whistling:

I think either Aztecbandit1 or Stav should do a walk through post about this as they are the guy's who know what there doing when it comes to this type of thing :D (sorry if i've dropped you guy's in it :whistling: )

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links