Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Changing Dash Light Colour

ac isnt easy.. will take a lot of time, patience and perserverance..

there is a walkthrough that stav sent me (pm your email add and will send) but i opted for a slightly diff approach which i can talk you through..

be prepared its not for the faint hearted!!

Always liked the orange a/c lights :hehe: PM sent redz. Thanks

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my email is neilaskinner@tinyworld.co.uk

i think they are the 501's. just a different code. same bulb tho

yeah ive no problems with jobs like that. you want to cut your rear clusters apart!!! thats a job and a half!!

Alrite, well the walkthrough you've no doubt been sent was made by Fargo and works very well but it is VERY fiddly and you need to be capable with a soldering iron.

I think some one on here has just changed the bulbs for some wide angle ones but i've not seen the results so cant really comment if they'll work.

(there large neo wedge type bulbs though fyi)

Stav

well the bulbs arrived for the dash. definitely looks the nuts!! i change the the dash clock led's and also the surround round the ignition barrel, and also the ashtray. but because the inverted led's dont really illuminate that much on the edge i had to drill another hole in the ashtray position so that the beam pointed into the ashtray and not upwards.

how would i go about changing the LED in the cigarette lighter? the bulb wont come out the holder to put in another LED. or would i just have to buy a silicone sleeve for that one?

ive got a few normal style led's with holders that i might put in other places around the car.

was also going to mount some in the footwells and have them dim with the ring round the ignition barrel. how many leds would you guys reccomend i could use on that supply without burning out the wire?

how many leds would you guys reccomend i could use on that supply without burning out the wire?

Just fit the strips like some people have done to there headlights and in there boots? :blush:

the led bulb just wants turning around matey by the look of it as they only light up 1 way :D

i used these mate i didnt think it mattered 280224451945

I just did mine,thanks to aaronabbott for his help.

when i did mine I found that the two thin wires needed to get bent out a bit for them to touch the connectors in the bulb holder

the only problem was you dont no if they are working,until you reconnect the dash.

Must admit it took me about 10 atemps before they worked.

Not sure if they only work one way but I dont think so,because i just put them in any old way :D

A ten minute job that took me about 1.5 hours :lol::lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links