Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx 300 Air Con

Hi all

My air con recently packed in (when its nice weather)i ve had it re gased,still not working light flashes only warm air coming out,been told to buy a condenser unit,is this right and where is the best place to get it

many thanks

Has the system been pressure tested? Unless the condenser has an extremely large leak, then the ac would run for a little while.. At least long enough for you to see that there is not an issue elsewhere.. Dealer price for the part is around £238

Has the system been pressure tested? Unless the condenser has an extremely large leak, then the ac would run for a little while.. At least long enough for you to see that there is not an issue elsewhere.. Dealer price for the part is around £238

hi there thanks for the post

when they re gassed it said no leak, pipes were warm not evev cool should i just buy for £133 i think it worth it?

Itchy,

If there is no leak and there is sufficient refrigerant in the system, then I can't see what changing the condenser would do.. the only reason that I would change the condenser (The matrix that sits in front of the radiator) would be because it leaks... so I would get someone to give you a second opinion. If the refrigerant is in there and the system still aint running, I would be looking for an electrical fault.. You may need to have its fault codes read as the flashing light is stating that a fault has been detected

I'm afraid that I'm not familiar with the AC system on the RX or any Lex come to that as they are about as reliable as you can get so I rarely have to fix them

Itchy,

If there is no leak and there is sufficient refrigerant in the system, then I can't see what changing the condenser would do.. the only reason that I would change the condenser (The matrix that sits in front of the radiator) would be because it leaks... so I would get someone to give you a second opinion. If the refrigerant is in there and the system still aint running, I would be looking for an electrical fault.. You may need to have its fault codes read as the flashing light is stating that a fault has been detected

I'm afraid that I'm not familiar with the AC system on the RX or any Lex come to that as they are about as reliable as you can get so I rarely have to fix them

thanks for the info il get it chequed out