Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi

I have been given a IS250 with MM for a few days.. considering buying one but i cannot seem to get the dvd to play. I can hear sound but no picture. Its defo a region 2 disk

Can someone guide me how to get the picture to show?

thanx

Yep - handbrake on AND motionless to get a picture. (You can't get away with hand/footbrake just a bit on if you know what I mean). It uses the pulse sensor as well.

Easy enough to hack when you get one though.

• 3 weeks later...
Yep - handbrake on AND motionless to get a picture. (You can't get away with hand/footbrake just a bit on if you know what I mean). It uses the pulse sensor as well.

Easy enough to hack when you get one though.

yes, i found this the hard way! earthed the red wire to cancel out the handbrake and it worked (when i took the handbrake off)

so i put it all back together and went for a spin, only to find it goes off anyway once you move off! ( didnt want to short the other two wires as not realy interested in nav Bluetooth options and heard it goes a bit jumpy? )

I've heard it goes jump too, nut never seem it. Everyone I know who's done it is fine - me included I think they are shorting the wrong side of the loom myself as that would stand to reason.

I found it handy for the phone book, callerID, etc. Going through the MP3's on the disk is good too. Both for passengers, obviously. :innocent:

• 3 weeks later...

Geoffers,

Can you post or pm me the method to hack also.

I can understand why they stop the DVD but why stop the use of some of the funcions and not others. It's either safe to look down for a few seconds or its not.

Thanks

Mikey.

It does confuse me why some cars are so strict and some are not - Mercedes seem to be the most lenient, on our COMAND system, not a single function is locked while moving, except for the DVD, and even that is only a motion lock, the handbrake doesn't need to be on..........

I'd love to know some stats, as to whether Merc drivers crash more than Lexus owners (although even that could be purely down to the owners and not in-car computer related at all!) :lol: