Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Open Sprint Day 02/11/08

Dave-Ellen

If i can drive for 4 hours and over 200 miles to get there then surely most other people would have to drive less miles! I left my house at 4am to get there for 8 and spent the hole day driving and then drove home, all on my own. At the beginning of the day i had second thoughts about actually turning up because the weather looked crap and i really couldn't be bothered to drive all that way...............but once i had done a few laps i was loving it and couldn't get enough, hence the 24 runs i did. :blush:

I think people shouldn't be put off by thinking they need to push their cars to the limits because as barrie has said you DONT!!!! I went away with a better understanding of handling my car and had great fun and thats what track days are about, the only let down of the day was the fact that there where no other lexus (other than dave) on the track. Even Chris and Aztec turned up to watch and i think that was enough to get them interested in joining in next time!?!?!? :unsure:

Jason :P

Hats off to you Jason...........

As I said on the day have a think about joining Barrie & me in the Toyota Sprint Series..........£80 per event

Take the seats out fit a lighweight drivers seat and your power to weight ratio will not be far from a full fat IS200 s/c

Already thought about that on the way home Dave and im about 80% yes at the moment, even if i finish last in every event i get to do some great tracks at a dirt cheap price!!!! and i will be able to get the car to a level i want. As discussed before i want to keep it N/A but get it to handle on rails with maybe a little more power :P

would be great to see you entered.

You'll get a lot of press attention and have a good laugh

get your Toyo tyres ar trade prices as well...........

your main gain will be lightening the car............look for lightweight wheels.............you can get some that are 4kg each..............power to weight ratio.............way to go

bit of a budget buster but alloy front brake calipers are a good idea ...also give you bigger rotors to brake later & herder.............harder even...........

Think i may just do it then Dave! :)

What do i need to do to register? and when is the first dates so i know when to be ready by? Don't think budget will stretch to bigger brakes yet but i can start looking for parts and loosing weight now!

log on to www.toyota-sprint-series.com join up and there is lots of stuff on their.

best to register your interest early doors there are quite a few people interested.

Not a lot to do to your car other tha what we said....yellow tape arounf the negative batt terminal lead...

It all sounds great Dave,

If I had the money I would love to enter and buy a motor and trailer it around to the events.

One day .................

Paul check out the above forum............

any toyota with MOT will do..............

eBay has some absolute bargains............. the class structure is quite broad

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do i need to do to register? and when is the first dates so i know when to be ready by? Don't think budget will stretch to bigger brakes yet but i can start looking for parts and loosing weight now!

You've already got a head start on that front with no sunroof ! :D

Everyone's a joker! :whistling::lol:

you can also share a car...........3 guys run a ST185 thing is going all day !

Dave what type of classes are there in the sprint series??

Think i've found a cheap toy in the form of a 1991 Toyota Corolla GTI 16v, 130bhp (at the moment), that i may buy so i can have a go on track and save my lex as my main car :whistling:

:whistling:

Class A1 - Above 1600cc with aftermarket Turbocharger

Class A2 - Above 1600cc with standard frame turbocharger

Class B - below 1600cc with turbocharger

Class C - Above 1600cc N/A - my class :shifty:

Class D - Below 1600cc N/A

Class E - Diesel

Class F - below 1000cc N/A...........currently only one person in this class, so you at least finish second!

Class E - Diesel

Class F - below 1000cc N/A...........currently only one person in this class, so you at least finish second!

Thanks Jason,

So looking at that the gti-16 should be a class D so might be worth the £300 the car costs to buy :winky:

Class E - Diesel

Thanks Jason,

So looking at that the gti-16 should be a class D so might be worth the £300 the car costs to buy :winky:

There are a few of them in that class.

just need it MOT'd really .....as I said above get someone to share it and the running costs are halved.....

Class E - Diesel

Thanks Jason,

just need it MOT'd really .....as I said above get someone to share it and the running costs are halved.....

The cars taxed and MOT'd mate and a cheap way of getting going me thinks?? And got to start somewhere :whistling:

Do you think the AE92? Corolla gti-16 would make a good 1st car to give it a go Dave?? With a few mods of course? :unsure:

Class E - Diesel

Thanks Jason,

The cars taxed and MOT'd mate and a cheap way of getting going me thinks?? And got to start somewhere :whistling:

Do you think the AE92? Corolla gti-16 would make a good 1st car to give it a go Dave?? With a few mods of course? :unsure:

Why not enter your lex mate??? you will be in the same class as me then! No need to push it to destruction, plus you have two IS's anyway your greedy git! :tomato: :winky:

Class E - Diesel

Thanks Jason,

Why not enter your lex mate??? you will be in the same class as me then! No need to push it to destruction, plus you have two IS's anyway your greedy git! :tomato: :winky:

Quite like the idea of something smaller to have a go in mate :whistling: plus the price i can get the corolla for means i wont really lose anything if it does go bang :whistling:

Class E - Diesel

Thanks Jason,

excellent car...........you'll have loads of fun

Trying to convince my brother to go halves with me to get a project car, wont be till late next year. But will make sure it's a Toyota so I can join in also lol..

Will do the same as you Chris get a cheap car that can be kept MOT so can have fun an not worry to much.. Dam Bazza and his Starlet, been looking at them all day. Could I ask are all the turbos imported, an does this increase the insurance alot?

Trying to convince my brother to go halves with me to get a project car, wont be till late next year. But will make sure it's a Toyota so I can join in also lol..

Will do the same as you Chris get a cheap car that can be kept MOT so can have fun an not worry to much.. Dam Bazza and his Starlet, been looking at them all day. Could I ask are all the turbos imported, an does this increase the insurance alot?

all starlet turbos are imports

insurance does depend on age a lot, few years ago the insurers didnt have a clue what they were and priced them alongside the normal starlets, although they have cottoned on now

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links