Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

98> Gs300, How Do You Remove The Front Headlights?

Regarding the bumper, 6 small bolts that hold the bumper on the body, plus the little screws underneath where the undertray attaches to the bumper.

I've done it before. :shifty:

• 5 months later...

I Know you have the job sorted now but just to say it is possible to remove the MkI headlights without touching the bumper, I did it today because I have the common condensation in the headlight problem. You remove the black trim panel across the top of the headlight which is secured by 3 cross head screws. Then remove the 3 visible securing bolts (10mm I think). Then remove the cross head screw between the headlight and the indicator which holds the indicator in place. Once this screw is removed carefully pull the indicator towards the front of the car. A half turn removes the indicator bulb from the housing. Once the indicator is out you can remove the last headlight retaining bolt. Now you need a short (max 60mm long) small cross head screw driver to remove a small clip attached to the headlight (this is the clip that stops you maneuvering the headlight out because it catches on the mounting point of the indicator). Unclip the two main electrical connections and remove both the dipped and high beam bulbs. You should now be able to maneuver the headlight from the car. Don't forget to drape cloths over the bumper and wing to prevent scratching.

Hope this makes sense. If anyone needs any further explanation please let me know. I might even get some pictures taken to help make it clearer.

Just thought I'd post this as most advice for removing the headlights seems to suggest removing the bumper.

GS.