Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

:shutit: With road tax going to be £430 per year for my GS 2002 in less than two years, Petrol prices going stupid and forcast to go much higher and not come down thanks to China and others.

What is this going to do to the value of big cars ? do I trade my GS in now for a Prius or what ??? :crybaby: :shutit: (worlds gone mad)

:shutit: With road tax going to be £430 per year for my GS 2002 in less than two years, Petrol prices going stupid and forcast to go much higher and not come down thanks to China and others.

What is this going to do to the value of big cars ? do I trade my GS in now for a Prius or what ??? :crybaby: :shutit: (worlds gone mad)

Petrol price is high because of the TAX on it, not the world price! 80% of price is tax!

Anyway....I was just looking at a GS300 yesterday and thinking of recommending one to a friend!

Enjoy it! You only live once!

Know what you mean though; I have to drive to Hull (nearly) at weekend.....and even contemplated going in our.......MICRA!! :whistling:

Then I came to my senses. LS cruising can't be beaten! B)

not worthless, but it looks like values ARE dropping fast on any car that is thirsty and expensive to tax. One of the reasons I went for the Accord.

Why not sell the GS, get something more economical for a year or so, and then pick up a dirt cheap luxury car once petrol prices have gone up even more?

Ok worthless maybe the wrong word, and big cars do drop in value fast, but I do like my GS so much I am thinking of sticking my fingers up to Mr G. Brown and the other idiots, keeping my car, put my prices up, and start smoking weed. :whistling:

forget smoking the weed, deal it to fund the gs!

on a serious note, im going for my cbt soon and getting a vespa in order to save the gs300. it will probably get used on weekends only, but at least i can still keep it!

I'm just gonna keep mine as well. Unless you're racking up more than a few thousand miles a year, the extra petrol and tax isn't actually that much in the grand scheme of things. The loss in value of the car makes it much more expensive to sell it, than to look after it properly and feed it the fuel and tax discs!

One of the (many) benefits of owning such a beautifully built car is that you can realistically keep it for a long time, which makes the overall cost of ownership lower than having a series of cheaper cars which collectively cost much more in depreciation.

With the current climbdown over the 10p income tax rate, who thinks there is a chance they may backtrack on the tax disc rates as well?

I am of the opinion that the price of my LS430 might be dropping but the price of the LS460 I want to replace it with in a few years will also be dropping as well. I'm not worried at all.

I'm just gonna keep mine as well. Unless you're racking up more than a few thousand miles a year, the extra petrol and tax isn't actually that much in the grand scheme of things. The loss in value of the car makes it much more expensive to sell it, than to look after it properly and feed it the fuel and tax discs!

One of the (many) benefits of owning such a beautifully built car is that you can realistically keep it for a long time, which makes the overall cost of ownership lower than having a series of cheaper cars which collectively cost much more in depreciation.

With the current climbdown over the 10p income tax rate, who thinks there is a chance they may backtrack on the tax disc rates as well?

I've just been for testdrive in 2000X GS430 SE.Lovely car,71000miles but 3 owners.Lexus Approved but best deal on offer is £8000 + my 300 sport (with full MOT and 2 new tyres!) Not sure what to do though. It does include a further 2yrs warranty after the lexus 12 months.

according to glass's guide, the part ex price of that GS430 is 6300 quid..so that dealer is making 1700 quid on this deal!

HAGGLE harder..it's not the type of car that is going to sell fast in the current market!

according to glass's guide, the part ex price of that GS430 is 6300 quid..so that dealer is making 1700 quid on this deal!

HAGGLE harder..it's not the type of car that is going to sell fast in the current market!

He is making more than that I think. After haggling I got them down to that figure with 3yr warranty(1yr Lexus,2yrs Listers),supaguard,12 months RFL.Car at Lexus Coventry,£7990 but after adding these things still £8000 even with my car thrown in so tempted to walk away.

forget smoking the weed, deal it to fund the gs!

Don't forget to give discount to Gold members! :)

You Guys!! Now dont give me ideas, hell with the cost of living today we may all have too,

Im keeping the car I would not be happy with anything else, Ill give her a good wax job this weekend she will like that,.... and the car. :shifty:

Agree. That car will be sitting there for a while. I traded my 52 plate IS200 sport in with 50000 miles when i got my GS and the Lexus garage said they would put it straight into auction and that it would not sell on the forecourt. I reckon you wait it out if you can.

8k plus your old car way too much...didn't pay 8k for my 430 se navigator a year ago when fuel was somewhat cheaper than it is now- and didn't trade in my old car.

similar mileage/age - interior and exterior spotless.

walk away and wait - I've seen an ls400 on a forecourt last year for 8k and been watching the price fall - had to drop to 3995 before eventually shifted last month

garage prob not happy because I originally offered him 6k before i got my gs and he turned it down

unfortunate for us owners but prices have fell, but I just look at the car and see it is exactlyvthe same as when I bought it and I intend to keep a long time.

I'm obviously tired as I'm waffling - but 8k + your car - he's making a killing!

The thing with owning a Lexus is to me its not just a car,its a brand and some thing to be proud of.People who want to own big engine cars are not worried about fuel prices or road tax.Do you think people who own X5 and M5/M6 are worried about a few more pound for road tax??? they pay 3k for a service!!! I think what im trying to say is there will allways be a market for luxury cars,its just finding/advertising in the right places.

The thing with owning a Lexus is to me its not just a car,its a brand and some thing to be proud of.People who want to own big engine cars are not worried about fuel prices or road tax.Do you think people who own X5 and M5/M6 are worried about a few more pound for road tax??? they pay 3k for a service!!! I think what im trying to say is there will allways be a market for luxury cars,its just finding/advertising in the right places.

People who are shelling out 50k+ for M5/M6s can probably afford to run the car regardless of how much fuel goes up or road tax rises. They tend to be in a very different income bracket from the majority of the working population!

Bad comparison mate.

Many people ARE worried about fuel prices or road tax.

There are many people who dream of owning a Lexus, and save for years, and look to buy a 8-10 year old GS or LS model.

THEY quite rightly are concerned that the OLDER luxury car they are about to purchase with their savings is not going to sink in value due to uncertain economic conditions.

:winky:

they may think twice when they discover that the £50k car they have brought is only worth the equivalent of an astra within a few years

the high end expensive cars have always depreciated at a high rate, its going to be even higher now !

they may think twice when they discover that the £50k car they have brought is only worth the equivalent of an astra within a few years

the high end expensive cars have always depreciated at a high rate, its going to be even higher now !

I think thats the point im trying to make,its one thing buying a car,its a different thing all together running the car.If i sold every thing i could proberly buy a old ferrari,if the gearbox went or water pump ect i would be stuffed. :whistling:

I think thats the point im trying to make,its one thing buying a car,its a different thing all together running the car.If i sold every thing i could proberly buy a old ferrari,if the gearbox went or water pump ect i would be stuffed. :whistling:

Hi guys,don't let the :tsktsk: grind u down.Life's too short,buy and drive what u love.The price on every thing WILL go up and we just screem and shout,but don't do anything about it.LIFE GOES ON and so do we.Enjoy what u worked hard for and :tsktsk: ,,,,,,.Anyway head up,smile,and never look back.All the best and take care :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links