Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Average Age Of Is250/220d Driver

Interesting how the age profile has changed, not sure if I was completely wrong, but it always seemed that the owners of the 1st gen IS were much younger, seems like the newer one is now too expensive for the young ones and classy enough to attract the oldies :P

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had my IS200 at 24 now 26 and have a 220D possibly one of the youngest 220 drivers?
Had my IS200 at 24 now 26 and have a 220D possibly one of the youngest 220 drivers?

I have a 220d and im 24

had my is200 @23 and my is250 @ 24 (now)

Got my IS250 when i was 24.

I dont know about the others but the wood finish in the SE-L made it seem more of an old mans car !!

Nope I am 32 and have a IS220D SE-l and still loving it 2 months in :shifty:

Interesting post !

I have been into Mercedes for years, driving CLK's to the new SLK, all of them meaning something to me at that time. Now that i am 44 years old and have my own company as well as being in the armed forces, i really wanted something that represented quality, reliability and class, without going over the top. Hence me asking Mercedes about the new C Class and then looking at Lexus. More than happy to say that I ended up getting a Lexus because it means quality, reliability and class. I honestly dont think it has got to do with age at all. It just represents where you are in life and what you value most. Me well its Liverpool winning the Prem League and Eruo Cup again and a mini....

Now is that going to happen ? B)

would a song help,ferry cross the mersey.......

#

TAXI FOR CHRIS

Ill get me coat

Im 44 - gulp and in the military. Which means my knees are knackered and i drive like a 65 !!!

My first Lexus, coming from predominately Merecedes CLK and just sold my lovely SLK :msn-cry: Even had a stint in Ferrari's.

Mid life crisis springs to mind, well so my kids keep telling me. They reckon the only reason why i bought the Lexus was so i could watch afternoon tv on the dvd player.....

I dont know about the others but the wood finish in the SE-L made it seem more of an old mans car !!

I totally agree there, thats the exact reason why I didnt go for the SE-L. I just went for the 220d for better fuel consumption and no matter how bad people say it is on here im getting more mpg in comparison to my last car (however i do also drive slightly different)

I totally agree there, thats the exact reason why I didnt go for the SE-L. I just went for the 220d for better fuel consumption and no matter how bad people say it is on here im getting more mpg in comparison to my last car (however i do also drive slightly different)

Same as, seems to be too shiney!..

Although, the HIDS would be nice to have along with the lighted door sills and auto rain wipers. ( the only thing i wont like is the wire showing on the rear view mirror!!)

I have had my 55 plate is220d SE since new, i am now 33 years of age. I don't think it is an old mans car, the reason i got it is because i like luxuary. Also i dont want to follow the trend of everybody else on the road and have a BMW, Audi or Mercedes.

I have had my 55 plate is220d SE since new, i am now 33 years of age. I don't think it is an old mans car, the reason i got it is because i like luxuary. Also i dont want to follow the trend of everybody else on the road and have a BMW, Audi or Mercedes.

Cant agree with you more.... Nice one..

The age question is pretty irrelevant really apart from the fact that us oldies in general have more disposable income to buy the newer model and of course the additional benefit of experience gained whilst driving the additional years.

I also have my IS200 Sport and a couple of other toys more expensive than either Lex. The misconceptions of what classifies a car as an 'old mans car' is laughable, from a style standpoint or even driving ability.

The only car I would classify as an 'old mans' car is a hearse, which I trust I will not be a passenger in for quite a while :whistling:

The age question is pretty irrelevant really apart from the fact that us oldies in general have more disposable income to buy the newer model and of course the additional benefit of experience gained whilst driving the additional years.

I also have my IS200 Sport and a couple of other toys more expensive than either Lex. The misconceptions of what classifies a car as an 'old mans car' is laughable, from a style standpoint or even driving ability.

The only car I would classify as an 'old mans' car is a hearse, which I trust I will not be a passenger in for quite a while :whistling:

Agree with Tango,

ATM, the IS250/220d's are probably being bought/driven mostly by the older guys who have a low/no mortgage therefore have a higher disposable income to splash out on a new car, the younger guys who have drive the IS250/IS220d's probably have a large disposable income (no mortgage) or earn large salaries. Other drivers of the IS250/IS220d's may include company car drivers, particularly with the IS220d. I bet the same thing happened with the IS200/300, they were probably first bought by people with a high disposable income, now the IS200/300 has dropped in value it now has a wider market appeal, ie: those whose do not have a large disposable income, but the want a good/better alternative to a BMW/Mercedes or Audi.

Since I don't have a large disposable income to buy a IS250/IS220d, I'm driving a 7.5 year old IS200, had it for 5 years now. Most of my income is taken up by mortgage repayments and bills, i'm 28, married, no kids (yet) and have my own house (3 bed detached). Once I have a larger disposable income, I'll probably buy a newer car, until then, my IS200 stays with me.

Upgraded from my IS200 for my 27th birthday present to myself... Got the IS200 as a 24th birthday present to myself...

Currently looking like the ISF will have to be my 30th birthday present to myself!

Roll on 30 I say! :whistling: