Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Average Age Of Is250/220d Driver

I’m 56 but like most people of our age I don’t feel it.

I feel it’s sad that the Lexus has got the reputation of an old man’s car, you get it on a twisty open Devon “A” road late at night and it certainly doesn’t feel like one, especially if put into sports mode.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to add to the comments. I'm 40 and have taken an IS220d SE as a company car. The offers at the moment make it a good buy ad a much better option that a BMW 3.

I think there must be a big chuck of people doing the same but are maybe not members of the site yet...

Well im 44, almost 45. In the military since i was 16 !!!. My dream car has always been a Ferrari, but i dont suppose any other young lad would be different. I chose the Lexus purely by accident, having always been a Merc or BMW man, indeed Mitsubishi when they brought out the new style Galant GLS back in the late 80's. Stunning car.

I have always wanted something that little bit different, perhaps the new Alfa Brabus, but was not so keen on the interior. Lexus fell into my lap due to the setup at Derby and the way they treat their customers. The car is just perfect and if the truth be known IMHO feels alot more of a quality car than the latest offerings from either of the premium German offerings.

• 3 weeks later...

im just passed 40 last week, but for a old man's car, nothing can beat the MERCEDES-BENZ..... :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: that why i went for Lexus IS200 first then the 220d, never think once they are old man's cars..

Picked mine up as a 26th Bday present, so actually 25 when driving it out of the dealer. I agree on the earlier posts on the woodinlay, exactly why I choose the Sport in stead of the Executive. Hid's, 18" etc etc just no wood for my IS please :)

Wood belongs in a GS/LS in my oppinion, the IS looks and feels to "sporty" for that.

Hi Chaps & Chapesses

Worked it out now !

Old Mans Car image is due to drivers trying to get the max MPG - ( what the hell )

Get your foot down and show what it can really do.

With petrol shortage stories at present it might be your last chance ?

Guess I am one of the "old men" at 58 but not in body or mind, :unsure: quite happy with my 220d Se but I can understand some of the concerns others may have espically with the early models.

• 2 weeks later...
Bought my first IS200 at 37

Now 40, that makes me average, i guess

Beige cardigan for me then.

Matching Arran cardigans for you and your wife - please

Hi,

Was 22 when bought my first car wich was a '92 Vectra.. lol In Estonia that is definately a young mans wreckage.

@23 I bought a '99 BMW coupe and that was a bad guys car here in Estonia :P

Some CEO's of small companies drive IS220/250.

Whell.. going from plastic to aluminium and finally @24 I bought a IS250 Luxur (2005). Wooden styiling, chrome, black leather.. full backage to say.. Wouldn't feel any older, but i did feel more succesful and my avarage income raised about 20% :D It's skyrocketing from now on..

Well.. Your car shows your style and Lexus definately is a stylish one :) I'm 25 now :)

PS! My boss recommended Lexus cause he drives GS300 :)

well my dad is 47 so he kinda fits the bill but my brother is 20 and he drives the car and i quote "he wouldn't want to drive anything else because its wicked". Now a jaguar is a ol' man's car lexus is just class but obviously you gotta be old enough to afford one and be out of the "boy racer" mind set.