Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Average Age Of Is250/220d Driver

Since having my IS250 just over a week I've had loads of comments saying how smart the motor is, lucky sod etc etc.

Earlier today my boss at work was stood nearby and someone else came up to my desk to say nice motor.

My boss chirped in "it's an old man's car". He's got a Vectra. He has never once mentioned my new car.

So I was wondering what the average age of an IS250/IS220d driver is....

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since having my IS250 just over a week I've had loads of comments saying how smart the motor is, lucky sod etc etc.

Earlier today my boss at work was stood nearby and someone else came up to my desk to say nice motor.

My boss chirped in "it's an old man's car". He's got a Vectra. He has never once mentioned my new car.

well when the DVLA sort themselves out and i get mine 220d

I still hope to be 37 but who knows i could be 38 by July :winky:

Lexus is definately an old mans car. Just look at me 56 !!!

40 - BTW - the fact that your Boss drivs a Vectra and hasn't mentioned it once says quite alot about the kind of bloke he is...his IQ will be smaller than his :tsktsk:

:lol:

I've got the info now. I went through 9 profiles and looked at the ages.

Average age 39 years old. I'm 41 so I'm driving a young man's car then !!!

Most round my war r knockin on a bit :whistling:

I recon it cos u can only afford 1 wen u get old lol :lol:

Cool there r a few young 1`s about :winky:

:yawn: I wouldn't call a Lexus an old mans car, I would say a vectra is an old mans car.

Anyway my Lexus my be a 2001 model but I still get comments on how nice it looks.

i'd say the New gen IS probabally is more of an older mans car, simply becuase to be able to afford one the chances are that your going to be slightly older. When i say old i mean mid 30's onwards, im 22 so your all ancient in comparison to me :P

the first gen IS probabally now appeals to a younger age group as it is now more affordable, gort back 5 + years though, and i'd say that the 1st gen IS would be in the same positiion the new IS is now.

i'd say the New gen IS probabally is more of an older mans car, simply becuase to be able to afford one the chances are that your going to be slightly older. When i say old i mean mid 30's onwards, im 22 so your all ancient in comparison to me :P

the first gen IS probabally now appeals to a younger age group as it is now more affordable, gort back 5 + years though, and i'd say that the 1st gen IS would be in the same positiion the new IS is now.

Does this mean that, at 56 I'm the oldest on here? Oh well. Mind you I still feel like a 20 year old. Just wished I could get one. The old ones are the best!

:yawn: I wouldn't call a Lexus an old mans car, I would say a vectra is an old mans car.

Anyway my Lexus my be a 2001 model but I still get comments on how nice it looks.

In 2001 I had an IS200 as a courtesy car when my GS300 was in for service. I thought it was great. Smooth and quiet.

57 next month...I've seen some threads where some owners have been called 'Geriatric Drivers'...so they, the young speed merchants were right all along...shucks!!! :whistling:

Its probably best described as a middle-aged persons car. This car would not have been practical whilst our 4 children were growing up...nor had I €53,000 to spend on a car until they had grown up and flew the coup :winky: (Previously owned two E Class but had purchased them as 3 year olds...great family car)

Some of my economy has to be put down to the fact that 75% of the miles only has me in the car...then of course the other 25% there's only my wife along with me...no big loads in other words.

The fact that this car ...220D may be a fleet car for some companies may well account for the younger ownership (driver) whereas the price is achieveable by the middle-aged because they have worked much longer and have the readies...paid off their mortgage, have an aversion to paying intrest etc.

So yes its makes sense...that the ownership age group would tend to be on the high side. Happy next birthday everyone especially if its your 50th.

The Mk I had a lot of younger drivers when new (i've had mine since 20, and a few others at 18/19 6/7 years ago), I dont think the Mk II appeals as much to younger drivers, its a lot bigger than the MK I.

Does this mean that, at 56 I'm the oldest on here?

Not really. I've got a son who's nearly as old as you . . . . . :whistling:

Oh dear good job I didn't include you in the stats then :)

Jealousy yet again !

I have had it all in the office

Especially old mans car

Until they have been in it

Can't fault the sound of "SILENCE" afterwards

51 by the way

Interesting post !

I have been into Mercedes for years, driving CLK's to the new SLK, all of them meaning something to me at that time. Now that i am 44 years old and have my own company as well as being in the armed forces, i really wanted something that represented quality, reliability and class, without going over the top. Hence me asking Mercedes about the new C Class and then looking at Lexus. More than happy to say that I ended up getting a Lexus because it means quality, reliability and class. I honestly dont think it has got to do with age at all. It just represents where you are in life and what you value most. Me well its Liverpool winning the Prem League and Eruo Cup again and a mini....

Now is that going to happen ? B)

Interesting post !

I have been into Mercedes for years, driving CLK's to the new SLK, all of them meaning something to me at that time. Now that i am 44 years old and have my own company as well as being in the armed forces, i really wanted something that represented quality, reliability and class, without going over the top. Hence me asking Mercedes about the new C Class and then looking at Lexus. More than happy to say that I ended up getting a Lexus because it means quality, reliability and class. I honestly dont think it has got to do with age at all. It just represents where you are in life and what you value most. Me well its Liverpool winning the Prem League and Eruo Cup again and a mini....

Now is that going to happen ? B)

would a song help,ferry cross the mersey.......

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links