Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Average Age Of Is250/220d Driver

36 years old

I think the old LS's had a bit of a staid image but the new styling of the IS, GS, LS is much better, Lexus just need a replacement for the SC which has never done it for me. I think Lexus could also do with an IS coupe like the 3 series coupe or A5, a V6 diesel, hybrid IS and they should be sorted.

• 1 year later...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 30, and i'm on my second lexus IS, i had a 200 se auto first, and loved it, but when the new gen IS came out i loved it even more and wanted one soooo bad. i had to wait two years, but i finally got one in April this year, and i absolutely love everything about my SE-L, including the wood trim. i love the look, the feel, the power and there is absolutely nothing about it that says old man's car to me, or any of my friends. i think it's people that are jealous that call it that so they can feel better about themselves LOL.

i am waiting a couple years now to get the 250c as that would then give me both my dream cars in one - lexus and convertible!!!!

i'm 24 at the mo driving is250. i consider myself to be an old man since the reason i chose the auto IS was because it's easy to drive. i'm lazy. i rejected the new bmw 3 series and 5 series because they were too lively. my first car was a 1999 volvo s40 1.6 at the age of 18. forgot to mention im still a student with a part time job.

i'm 24 at the mo driving is250. i consider myself to be an old man since the reason i chose the auto IS was because it's easy to drive. i'm lazy. i rejected the new bmw 3 series and 5 series because they were too lively. my first car was a 1999 volvo s40 1.6 at the age of 18. forgot to mention im still a student with a part time job.

Bought my first Lexus (IS200 Sport) when I was 40. 45 now, and 1 month into my second Lexus (IS250 SEL MM) and loving it.

Guess I fall into the 'older' category now at 46...but hey, I have had all the usual germanic stuff and this IS220D is a breath of fresh air, has much more kudos IMO and is just sets you apart from everyone else drivining the aforementioned machinery.

Sure, the Audi/Bwm/VW product is good, but the Lexus feels like it has some 'soul' to it rather than just operate as robotic, efficient, same as everyone else machine!

It is interesting the reactions I now get when the usual reps ask me what car I drive, expecting the german answer and I tell them I have a Lexus! The feedback is priceless!