Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Creaking Like Old Bed

badluck

Have a 2003 LS430 with 47000 miles. Cars runs beautiful on the freeway, but around town, especially when cornering , the car creaks like an old ship. Had the car at dealership and as usual it would not duplicate noise. Has gotten louder as times passes. Any help would be apprciated.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

This will be dry rubber suspension bushes, it happens to all makes of cars in dry climates, local garage should know the best fix.... doesn't happen in this part of the world due to too much rain........ :whistling:

Pete

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

This will be dry rubber suspension bushes, it happens to all makes of cars in dry climates, local garage should know the best fix.... doesn't happen in this part of the world due to too much rain........ :whistling:

Pete

Hi everyone.

My 1995 Lexus LS400 does this too - it will never occur on the highway either - although if I travel more than 20km or so the creaking starts to occur - it could almost be decsribed as a groaning - especially when cornering slowly going over a bump or something. For example my drive way is very tight and the back of the car goes over the curb with the front wheels on full lock - and it will make a horrible noise. I certainly hope this is something to do with the bushes.

Yeah i had it a while ago - had to have the upper control arms replaced cos the bushes were gone and unservicable. This cost £600 and that was cheap apparently.......????? That was ages ago but i just noticed today only one is new...... :tsktsk: I was told the pair had to be replaced.....got the guys link on here 2yrs ago but cant find him now - somewhere in Worsley Manchester if anybody knows - pass him on so i can have a word...... :offtopic:

Anyway it stopped the creaking / knocking for a month or so then it started again - i was livid, ( i know, i know, if i'd checked then i could've got the uppers sorted like i paid for....)

but this time it was the lower bushes and these are under £100 so it was ok. Im just waiting for the rear ones to go now - which is also common i hear

It is quiet again - unless im braking there is sometimes a couple of smaller knocks / groans but definatly the same stuff - i just hope its not the other upper starting to go - i'll find him gggrrrr :tsktsk:

Good luck with yours

All LS's suffer this and it's worst with a strurt brace.

Two fixes is that you can either spray some WD40 or duck oil around the top suspension so it soaks through to the top rubber. This is a temporary fix thats go for about 6-8 weeks.

For a longer fix is that you can lower the suspension and get some good greese around the top rubber which will last a year of more.

To fully fix the problem is to get some fresh top rubber mounts or poly bush mounts, These will lasts years.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links