Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wash, Claybar, Wash, Detail Spray, Cleaner Wax =

Gave it the above treatment over 2 weekends, hence the 2 washes.

Also gave the interior a spruce, the 1st time since ive owned it (bought it dec!)

Asked my brother to use his DSLR and fancy lenses.

Im pleased, still swirly but thats to be expected as ive done nothing serious to remove them yet.

Front.jpg

FrontQtr.jpg

Rear.jpg

RearQtr.jpg

RearLight.jpg

IS200.jpg

Lexus.jpg

Interior.jpg

SilloetteOrig.jpg

That is looking very neat.

Which particular products did you use? I am completely baffled as to what to go out and buy to get the same results.

My car is the same colour as yours... but cant stand the swirls on mine!

Which particular products did you use? I am completely baffled as to what to go out and buy to get the same results.

My routine was :

Washed with a basic turtlewax shampoo (2 bucket method with a Meguiars wool mit and a bug sponge for the front end, big bugs are out now its warm :( ), then terry towel (dabbed) dry.

After that it was out with a Meguiars clay bar using their quik detailing spray. Halfords do the kit for a (unusually) reasonable price

Then did the interior (hoover and a dose of 'dry clean foam' which was quite good.

That was last week.

Today I washed again, then used the quik detail spray with the microfibre included to remove an streaks. Then gave the whole car a going over with the cleaner wax sample thats included in the kit, which i was impressed with, went on and came off really easily. All polished by hand. For the glass i used Autoglym glass polish, which I find always works a treat.

Going to borrow my brothers mop in a few weekends and try for a de-swirling treatment.

My routine was :

Washed with a basic turtlewax shampoo (2 bucket method with a Meguiars wool mit and a bug sponge for the front end, big bugs are out now its warm :( ), then terry towel (dabbed) dry.

After that it was out with a Meguiars clay bar using their quik detailing spray. Halfords do the kit for a (unusually) reasonable price

Then did the interior (hoover and a dose of 'dry clean foam' which was quite good.

That was last week.

Today I washed again, then used the quik detail spray with the microfibre included to remove an streaks. Then gave the whole car a going over with the cleaner wax sample thats included in the kit, which i was impressed with, went on and came off really easily. All polished by hand. For the glass i used Autoglym glass polish, which I find always works a treat.

Going to borrow my brothers mop in a few weekends and try for a de-swirling treatment.

car looks good mate :winky:

but i disagree about the price of the megs smooth clay kit. we get robbed in this country unfortunately.....i picked up a larger size megs smooth clay kit for about $15 when i was in the states, a 32 fl oz megs quik detailing spray for about $10 and 64 fl oz megs gold class shmpoo for $9!!! so $34 (~ £20) for enough stuff to last at least a year!!

one thing i would add, is that i find the megs detailing spray/wipe method isn't good for the paint. It ends up resukting in marring/swirls if used repeatedly. ideally, if ur paint is in good nick, then a wash and pat dry will be enough to bring out the sparkle and shine. i only use the detailing spray as lubricant for the clay bar. just a thought.....

My routine was :

That was last week.

I am gona get a few basic bits for cleaning and have a go at this. Will let you know how I get on.

Looking good Rob, only thing I would add is some tyre dressing like Autogylm instant tyre dressing.

Did i miss the pics of robs car??

i was thinking ur name was rob....lol....guess not....