Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Recall For Catalytic Converter?

My friend owns a IS 220D and I own a IS 250 Automatic. Last week my friend was driving his car when suddenly a VMS light came on. He stopped the Car and phoned Lexus/RAC and the car was transported to the nearest Lexus Garage. A week later it was fixed and he was told there was a problem with the Catalytic Converter...........something to do with a build up of Carbon or something like that............the parts alone would have been over £1000 (but the car was under warranty being purchased at the end of last year) He told the Service Manager that his Diesel was very hard on fuel but she said that the fault which they had just fixed should improve fuel consumption. She also said that this fault was known by Lexus and that they were about to do a recall and when he received a letter he was to ignore it as the work had been carried out.

Does anyone know about this Recall? Is this recall only for Diesels?

My friend owns a IS 220D and I own a IS 250 Automatic. Last week my friend was driving his car when suddenly a VMS light came on. He stopped the Car and phoned Lexus/RAC and the car was transported to the nearest Lexus Garage. A week later it was fixed and he was told there was a problem with the Catalytic Converter...........something to do with a build up of Carbon or something like that............the parts alone would have been over £1000 (but the car was under warranty being purchased at the end of last year) He told the Service Manager that his Diesel was very hard on fuel but she said that the fault which they had just fixed should improve fuel consumption. She also said that this fault was known by Lexus and that they were about to do a recall and when he received a letter he was to ignore it as the work had been carried out.

Does anyone know about this Recall? Is this recall only for Diesels?

i believe it's a recall for the fifth injector.some have reported having received letters and it affects the diesel only.

dgman thanks for that. So it has nothing to do with the petrol cars...or the Catalytic Converter?

Does this recall improve fuel consumption?

Thanks

I wouldn't say it improves it. It just stops it getting clogged up and going in to limp home mode.