Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Noise In Dash

Hey, does anyone have any idea what this "scraping noise" is I'm hearing ? It sounds like some kind of actuator or motor moving back and forth in the dash. I hear it occassionally and it is most annoying. Can someone please tell me what it is ?

Hey Supracharged-IS340,

Thanks for the suggestions. If it's either of these, it would be the Aircon flap solenoid. However, when I last checked, i turned the a/c off, and it still made the noises.

I noticed tonight I didn't hear the noises on my way home from work.

Do you know where they're located. Can I can get to them ? They're quite irritating....

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

• 7 years later...

Dee, I have the same noise you described coming from the dash. Did you ever find out what the problem and the solution was?

Please post it.

thank you

I've also got this awful, intermittent, whirring and clicking sound from the dash. It happens whether or not aircon is selected. Certainly sounds like some solenoid or other is trying to do something but failing. Aircon and heating systems are working OK as required, but this mechanical noise is a pain. Any ideas, anyone? If it requires removal of the dash for access, I assume that'll cost a fortune?

+1 on this noise.

This is starting to look like an inherent defect.

Any news on a diagnosis?

I'm reluctant to ask a dealer to start blundering around at my expense behind the dash without some sort of clue what's going on.

It seems to me that this noise is somehow related to the mixing of cool and warm air. For instance, I hear it (shortly) when the system starts sending cool air from the upper vents and warm air on my feet.

• 1 month later...

Yeah my uncles RX does this aswell and now no warm air blows from the centre vents.

Looking to take it to a Lexus Indy next week, will let you know how we get on.

Well Purvesh - Any News!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links