Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Whilst driving home from work last week, I got side swiped by a lorry coming the other way around a bend. The lorry was over the white line, and as I came around a bend this happened.

Photo-0001_1.jpg

Photo-0002_1.jpg

Photo-0003_1.jpg

Photo-0004_1.jpg

Photo-0005.jpg

Norwich Union have declared it a write off. Needless to say, I am gutted. :crybaby::sad::angry: :( :tsktsk:

You have my sympathy.

By the look of it every os panel has damage and it would require considerable and therefore expensive cosmestic surgery.

I wouldn't even consider a buy back from the insurance company given the damage.

Has the 3rd party admitted liability or are you having to claim on your own insurance?

Main thing is you are OK.

sorry to hear of your loss, however I'm sure many Lexus owners on here (me included) could benefit from the parts.

do you know what the insurance company has done with it or do you still have it ?

Whilst driving home from work last week, I got side swiped by a lorry coming the other way around a bend. The lorry was over the white line, and as I came around a bend this happened.

Photo-0001_1.jpg

Photo-0002_1.jpg

Photo-0003_1.jpg

Photo-0004_1.jpg

Photo-0005.jpg

Norwich Union have declared it a write off. Needless to say, I am gutted. :crybaby::sad::angry: :( :tsktsk:

Sorry to hear about your accident

But if you do decide to do a buy back from the Insurers I have all the parts you need

let me know if your interested

Thanks

Benfur

They need to learn to drive.

Lorry drivers think they own the road.

What a waste of a great car.

Hope you get a good payout from the insurance company and get another one.

Alan.

im a lorry driver mate n we dont all think we own the road (i do tho wen drivin my artic tho lol) nah gutted for u mate, hope u get a good settlement n get ursel another lex

The insurance company will be taking it away. The other driver did not accept responsibility for the accident.

I bought the car for £870, but insured it for £1500, so I'll be getting £1200 after they take out the excess £300.

The next car I'll be looking at will be either a Soarer, or if I cant get one at the right price and in the right condition, I'll be looking at an (sorry guys) Audi A8 RS, or S8.

I will try to find out what the insurers will do with the car. Would it be legal for me to remove parts (stereo, amp, small stuff etc) before they take it away?

The car just had new brake pads, and disks all round, and a front wheel bearing. The electric seats all work apart from a jammed left hand motor on the drivers seat. The chassis seems ok, but there was a heck of a thump and the whole car was shifted to the left during the accident.

Thank you all for your concern and support :) and if its ok, If I do get an Audi I would like to stay a member of these forums.

Thanks again all,

Brian :)

This is just an oppertunity to look for a newer car ;)

The insurance company will be taking it away. The other driver did not accept responsibility for the accident.

I bought the car for £870, but insured it for £1500, so I'll be getting £1200 after they take out the excess £300.

The next car I'll be looking at will be either a Soarer, or if I cant get one at the right price and in the right condition, I'll be looking at an (sorry guys) Audi A8 RS, or S8.

I will try to find out what the insurers will do with the car. Would it be legal for me to remove parts (stereo, amp, small stuff etc) before they take it away?

The car just had new brake pads, and disks all round, and a front wheel bearing. The electric seats all work apart from a jammed left hand motor on the drivers seat. The chassis seems ok, but there was a heck of a thump and the whole car was shifted to the left during the accident.

Thank you all for your concern and support :) and if its ok, If I do get an Audi I would like to stay a member of these forums.

Thanks again all,

Brian :)

This is just an oppertunity to look for a newer car ;)

Vorsprung durch Lexus! :whistling:

• 4 months later...

After 4 months fighting and moaning Norwich Union have finally agreed to pay out the full amount for my poor wrecked LS400. I can now get rid of the big rusty Jewish racing gold lawn ornament outside my house. See you all guys, it was great while it lasted, and thanks for all the help.

I'm off to Audi now. A8 4.2 V8 Quattro.

Have fun all,

Brian :) :driving:

P.S. If you can, avoid Norwich Union.

After 4 months fighting and moaning Norwich Union have finally agreed to pay out the full amount for my poor wrecked LS400. I can now get rid of the big rusty Jewish racing gold lawn ornament outside my house. See you all guys, it was great while it lasted, and thanks for all the help.

I'm off to Audi now. A8 4.2 V8 Quattro.

Have fun all,

Brian :) :driving:

P.S. If you can, avoid Norwich Union.

Hi

You will like the A8 they are very nice, more sporty than the Lexus.... show us some pics of it then!!!

and you don't have to leave just because you have lost the Lexus, come back any time you have problems with the A8 (be seing you about once a week then!) (sorry couldn't resist that!!!!)

Good Luck and have fun

Pete