Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Red Door Marker Light

Does anyone know if the door marker lights on the front doors run on seperate fuses or not? My passenger side stopped working while I was trying to install an under door light (and yes I have tried changing the bulb).

If they are on seperate fuses, does anyone know which one it is? The description on the fuse panel isn't very helpful. Otherwise if it isn't a fuse problem, anyone has idea what might be causing the problem?

I wouldn't think they would be on a seperate fuse as they are only one light thats not really needed anyway???? although i could be wrong. Have you checked that the connector (behind the door card) is properly together and not come apart????

Jason :P

Unfortunately I don't have a circuit tester, but the under door LED strip nor the door marker seems to be getting any power, it defo was working before the door card was taken off, so I can only imageine something got shorted.

Open to suggestions, I'm totally baffled.

Not telling you because I'm spitting my dummy out for you not even saying thanks for the circuit diagram I spent hours on. Especially considering you'd sent me a mail asking if I'd done it yet.

Do you get power to the connector in the footwell? The one that goes into the door at the risk of being obvious. If so, it must be a connector. If not, then have a look at fuse labelled SRS-B. It is the door fuse, 7.5A

Not telling you because I'm spitting my dummy out for you not even saying thanks for the circuit diagram I spent hours on. Especially considering you'd sent me a mail asking if I'd done it yet.

Do you get power to the connector in the footwell? The one that goes into the door at the risk of being obvious. If so, it must be a connector. If not, then have a look at fuse labelled SRS-B. It is the door fuse, 7.5A

I do apologise that I had not responded as I was going to tackle it last weekend and responded with any queries, but I thought the footwell lights was straightforward and attempted that first, but managed to somehow messed it up and never got round to it :crying:

In my defense though, I did "thanks in advance for your assistance" when I enquired for progress, but I'm sorry I didn't follow that through after you sent me the diagram :crybaby:

If you are still willing to help me with the wiring of the circuit diagram, I do have some more queries......

If you are still willing to help me with the wiring of the circuit diagram, I do have some more queries......

I bet you do mate, but when someone goes out of his way (spending several hours finding a solution to a problem you are unable to)

to solve your problem at no cost to yourself whatsoever, to be very very gratefull indeed is really the least you can do.

You haven't got to tell the whole wide world about it, but Geoffers would I am sure have been more than happy with a PM saying "ta very much mate".

I can see why he spat his dummy out, as for the same reason I am now no-longer supplying IS200/IS300 CD Player Removal walkthru's

or other IS200/IS300 I.C.E. advice to members with less that 10 posts/club members for less than 2 months. Regular posters will know

I offer advice (where asked) on all sorts of IS200/IS300 I.C.E questions, queries & topics, both on the forum and via PM's, and for normal club

members this will continue. I am however fed up with what I call LOC leeches joining the forum, and without so much as a new member post,

start asking me to email them details of

how to solve this problem ? or

how to solve that ?,

how did you get around so & so problem ?

where can I buy this from ?

do I have some pictures ?

or even

If I buy the bits will you make it for me ? (re facia)

These members very very rarely post up on the forum afterwards, or send me a PM saying thanks Wozza

(which is all that would be required :D). I help where I can, but there has to be a limit how much time/help I can give.

I'd much rather give the help to LOC members who post on a regular/semi-regular basis.

Geoffers is a more than helpful guy, willing to help any club member with a problem if he can, but bearing in mind everyones

personal time is precious, and his more precious than most. To ask for advice or a favour I am really sure is not a problem

(after all he can say no), but to get the relevant help required and not to say thanks :unsure::unsure::unsure:

and then go and ask for more help :o :tsktsk: :o

I don't want you to think I am having a personal dig @ you Mark, (as you yourself helped me with some Tyre information recently)

but in this particular case I believe this was 'the straw that broke the camel's back', but from my own experience of helping certain club members..............

I can kinda see his point :whistling:

Notice the ignition light on the same circuit as the dome light that circuit Woz? :whistling::yahoo:

I wonder if Rabster has seen it :winky: oh the fun we had today.....

I wish I had that diagram earlier....

Mark tap into the ignition key illuminated ring for delayed & dimming footwell light source like the dome light.

Much easier that taping into the roof believe me :winky:

I understand where Geoffers is coming from, thus I have sent my apologies and thanks again. I do wish I have been given the benefit of a doubt as I feel I have been courteous at the meet and in my corresponding PMs, but no harm done I'm willing to admit my shortcomings.

So far

Tried replacing SRS-B fuse, no good.

Replugged connectors, no good.

Problem is I have no circuit tester, so I can't say for sure if there even is a current running through the two wires leading to the connector (under door LED strip tapped in).

Potentially a door sensor problem, unfortunately there is so little slack on the connector on the driver side I can't even disconnect it to try it on the other side, guess will have to get a new one and try it out. Am I missing something else?

Thanks for all the suggestions so far.

maybe get a cheap (under £15) multimeter from Maplins, that should help you out mate.

:offtopic: if anyone needs a reverse light feed to switch a reversing camera feed on, then

this information is now available :winky: Hopefully it will be the same for the manual gearbox Is200.

Rabster & I were using one today doing all sorts of electrical stuff on my car.

To do the footwell courtesy lights and make them dim in time with the dome light,

stripped the drivers seatblet out, took out the dome light, supply wire taped to a steel wire coat hanger

then passed theough behind roof lining then.....etc etc..... = NIGHTMARE !!

Then I find out from 2 sources (after the job was done :tsktsk:) at the same time you can take a feed from the ignition barrel light.

Oh how we laughed :huh: :huh: :huh:

I can't believe I actually took pictures of us doing it the hard way too..... :o

First remove the seat belt top mount,

DriversSeatbeltTopMountRemoved.jpg

then feed in the lead from the roof lining

DriversBPillarCourtesyLightFeedRout.jpg

then route it safely down the door pillar then through the trunking under the sill to the dashboard

DriversBPillarCourtesyLightFeedR-1.jpg

This is the long and very hard way of doing it :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

Go for the easier option if I were you mate :winky:

I bet you do mate, but when someone goes out of his way (spending several hours finding a solution to a problem you are unable to)

to solve your problem at no cost to yourself whatsoever, to be very very gratefull indeed is really the least you can do.

You haven't got to tell the whole wide world about it, but Geoffers would I am sure have been more than happy with a PM saying "ta very much mate".

I can see why he spat his dummy out, as for the same reason I am now no-longer supplying IS200/IS300 CD Player Removal walkthru's

or other IS200/IS300 I.C.E. advice to members with less that 10 posts/club members for less than 2 months. Regular posters will know

I offer advice (where asked) on all sorts of IS200/IS300 I.C.E questions, queries & topics, both on the forum and via PM's, and for normal club

members this will continue. I am however fed up with what I call LOC leeches joining the forum, and without so much as a new member post,

start asking me to email them details of

how to solve this problem ? or

how to solve that ?,

how did you get around so & so problem ?

where can I buy this from ?

do I have some pictures ?

or even

If I buy the bits will you make it for me ? (re facia)

These members very very rarely post up on the forum afterwards, or send me a PM saying thanks Wozza

(which is all that would be required :D). I help where I can, but there has to be a limit how much time/help I can give.

I'd much rather give the help to LOC members who post on a regular/semi-regular basis.

Geoffers is a more than helpful guy, willing to help any club member with a problem if he can, but bearing in mind everyones

personal time is precious, and his more precious than most. To ask for advice or a favour I am really sure is not a problem

(after all he can say no), but to get the relevant help required and not to say thanks :unsure::unsure::unsure:

and then go and ask for more help :o :tsktsk: :o

I don't want you to think I am having a personal dig @ you Mark, (as you yourself helped me with some Tyre information recently)

but in this particular case I believe this was 'the straw that broke the camel's back', but from my own experience of helping certain club members..............

I can kinda see his point :whistling:

Ive got lots of dummys :D i used to collect them, when Mark @ Tdi spat his dummy out :lol:

Ps, One in the post Wozza and Geoff :P sorry only got pink ones :lol:

Good tips for the footwell lights on using the ignition barrel timer, as I plan on wiring them up sometime in the future, once the fiasco of the under door light is sorted (to clarify light up the ground as you step out type).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links