Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Carbon Fibre Engine Covers

jason_l

Hello All,

i know Jamie was looking at setting up a group buy on these but never really know what happened with it, i have been talking with a guy i know that works in the next workshop (super aguri F1 team :whistling: ) and he is looking at setting up on his own and doing some carbon stuff.

Anyway he has had a look over my car and wants to know if there is anything people would be interested in being made in carbon? The carbon stuff he is used to producing is used on the formula 1 car so this is going to be 'top quality'!!!!!!

i mentioned that people would be interested in the fuse box, ecu box and the other small box done in carbon. He wants to know who would be interested, if we can start getting a list together of possible names then i can get an estimate of how much these will cost per set to produce!!!!!

These will be remade in carbon, not carbon coated so no need to have the covers sent off!

the picture below shows the covers im talking about!

gallery_16246_344_32023.jpg

sorry to jamie for stealing your pic :whistling::unsure:

If you can add your name to this list if you are interested then i can go back to him with names and get a price!

The more people intersted the cheaper each set becomes!!!!!!!!

1: Jason L

2:

3:

4:

5:

and so on...........

Jason :P

He can do anything in carbon, however it depends on supply and demand. if there are only a few pwople that want it then its going to be big bucks!!!!!

he is going to start with these engine covers, if they go down really well then he will probably start doing other items, he is using the engine covers to test the water..................plus i really want a set of them too :whistling: :P

He can do anything in carbon, however it depends on supply and demand. if there are only a few pwople that want it then its going to be big bucks!!!!!

he is going to start with these engine covers, if they go down really well then he will probably start doing other items, he is using the engine covers to test the water..................plus i really want a set of them too :whistling: :P

Just thought i'd ask matey :D as i've seen 1 at £149 and want 1 to match my rear one thats fitted :whistling:

well ive already got most of the engine cover but i wouldnt mind the one that go's round the engine filler cap. thats not carbon at the mo and its falling apart.

what does the guy need to make the carbon? would we be able to supply moulds to keep the cost down? cos i dont mind making moulds. ive done it before when i used to do alot of vacume forming at a sign company i used to work at!

id probably be intrested in some mirror covers and if he could a scuttle panel would be nice!! also id be intrested in a high level spoiler to go on the top of the rear window!!

Next week the guy will be taking my fusebox/relay and ecu covers off to make a mould of them to create the carbon bits.

It looks like it will be a new ecu cover made completely out of carbon then the relay/fuse covers made as covers that will glue over the existing ones. This is because these covers have different clips on them and it will cost loads to remake these in carbon.

The guy says he can basically make any parts in carbon, and will look into doing carbon splitters, spoilers etc...........im quite intersted in some carbon canards for my custom front bumper im working on, come to think of it the whole front could be done in carbon :shifty:

Anyway, i will post up when they are done and get a price. he is a down to earth guy and says he understands the price is important, after all there is no point him charging loads if no-one will pay for it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all,

I was hoping to get this sorted ages ago (as Jason mentioned) and the fella seemed really into the idea - I'm not too sure if he ceased trading as the requests were too high and I never had another reply and the e-mails kept on bouncing.

No worries re: the picture Jason - I half-inched it too :)

Jamie

OK, they have been mega busy at the moment and haven't had the time to do the covers. I know first hand how busy there are as they actually do some of the work we can't do when we are at full capacity which we have been for the last 3+ months.

The guy currently has the two small fusebox covers off of my car and the mold is being created shortly, these covers will be slightly oversized and they will be designed to fit over the originals and will have small cut outs to keep the original clips of the fusebox.

I will keep updates when i have them, they are going to cover the cost of the molds as this is a experiment for them so already that indicates they will hopefully be a reasonable cost. Im hoping to get a carbon fibre engine cover made that will cover the majority of the engine, when i can actually get the engine cover off of aztec bandit :whistling::shifty::tomato::lol:

• 1 month later...

its still ongoing but not sure what the situation is............ :unsure: the guy only works on it when he's not busy, which is hardly ever! plus im leaving work soon so not too sure what will happen??? will update when i know anymore!!!! :crybaby::unsure:

• 1 month later...
Let me know if this falls through as can get my guys to make these up, wont do them until you give me the go ahead Jason :)

Might be worth getting a quote from your guys Ellz, this is still going ahead but probably worth exploring other routes as it has been dragged on for sooooooo long now!

Get a rough quote Ellz and i will be the tester if you like, although you have your ones that could be used as a test set to make a mold???

• 1 month later...
Let me know if this falls through as can get my guys to make these up, wont do them until you give me the go ahead Jason :)

Might be worth getting a quote from your guys Ellz, this is still going ahead but probably worth exploring other routes as it has been dragged on for sooooooo long now!

Get a rough quote Ellz and i will be the tester if you like, although you have your ones that could be used as a test set to make a mold???

AM also interested.. but as most have said.. price depending..

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys got word today that our first piece that we had ordered has been finished, it is a skyline boot and in fibre glass, havent seen it yet but apparently quality is great, they have started work on the engine covers I will post up news when finished, but i will have to sell outside of here i'll try and keep costs to a minimum though.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys got word today that our first piece that we had ordered has been finished, it is a skyline boot and in fibre glass, havent seen it yet but apparently quality is great, they have started work on the engine covers I will post up news when finished, but i will have to sell outside of here i'll try and keep costs to a minimum though.

Cool, looking forward to news on the engine covers...

Cool, looking forward to news on the engine covers...

Spoke to the guys the other day there starting to make them at the moment, they arent going to do all the complex clips etc so these will most likely be covers to go over the standard items as, making the whole lot from carbon fibre would cost mega bucks.