Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Oil And Engine Breather Pipe

Parf

When I bought my car it was a fresh import and when I got it off the ship the oil was clean so I didnt bother changing it. 4000 miles later I changed the oil For Mobil 1 5W-30 ESP fully sythetic. When i got the car it didnt use any oil but now it is. I have checked for leaks and theres nothing.

Is this oil too thin and getting burnt off somewhere. Would I be better off with a 10W-40 fully synthetic as thats slightly thicker and the viscosity for the UK should be fine as it doesnt get too cold or too hot.

Also can i remove the engine breather pipe from the airbox. Its there to recycle some gases to help with emissions, but that means im getting some dirty air into the engine. Is there a performance advantage to removing this pipe or will it effect the engines running?

Thanks

When I bought my car it was a fresh import and when I got it off the ship the oil was clean so I didnt bother changing it. 4000 miles later I changed the oil For mobil 1 5W-30 ESP fully sythetic. When i got the car it didnt use any oil but now it is. I have checked for leaks and theres nothing.

Is this oil too thin and getting burnt off somewhere. Would I be better off with a 10W-40 fully synthetic as thats slightly thicker and the viscosity for the UK should be fine as it doesnt get too cold or too hot.

Also can i remove the engine breather pipe from the airbox. Its there to recycle some gases to help with emissions, but that means im getting some dirty air into the engine. Is there a performance advantage to removing this pipe or will it effect the engines running?

Thanks

i found my altezza ran better on 10w40 i noticed similar with the thinner 5w30 that it burned some oil. Not sure what your referring to with the engine breather pipe, maybe stick up a picture of it.

What 10w40 fully synthetic oil is there or are you using semi-synthetic.

Ill get some pictures posted up

i just used Castrol Magnetec 10w 40 its onlt semi synethic, not sure of any fully synethic 10w 40, i think Redline do one at about 15 quid a litre! :crying:

Yeah ive seen the little filters on the end of the pipe, I think its there to stop crap going back into the head.

Ill try disconnecting it and blocking up the hole in the air intake pipe and see if it affects the car. Unless someone tells me not too.

Ive taken a picture of the pipe I mean. It goes from the head under the cover to the air filter intake pipe just before the throttle body. Its marked in yellow.

post-18158-1211457046.jpg

• 2 months later...

Thanks

This is what it looks like:

pvfilterou5.jpg

• 1 month later...
that pipe is for fresh air to go into the rocker cover ,the other 1 is the pvc valve that goes into the plenum

I am thinking the same as I found a nice little puddle of oil at the bottom of the air box...

It also can be 100k miles of oil... but not sure if it is worth it just to block it off.

Anyone have done anything like this before?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links