Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Comparing Mk2 Gs300 With Clk 320

Hi there all, its been a long time since i've been on the forum.

I used to have a Lexus IS200 but sold it and decided to have a bit of fun and bought a MR2 roadster. Missing all the Extras that the Lexus had I chopped it in pretty quick(3 Weeks) and bought myself a 1999 320 CLK elegance.

I've always liked the GS300 and at the moment am tempted to exchange my CLK for the GS300. I guess I'm just after a little push in the direction of the Lexus but with all the luxuries and extras the CLK has I'm finding it hard to.

The CLK I have has extras like parking sensors, heated seats and Xenon lights.

Also, from looking at the specs it seems even with a bigger engine the CLK has better fuel comsumption.

I'd be looking at a straight swap so at a guess the GS would be around the 5000 mark.

Whats your opinions? Keep the CLK or get the GS.

Thanks,

Alex

I would have thought the GS would have more kit than the Merc, but guess it depends on how highly specced your CLK is.

Personally I'd stick with the CLK, never really been much of a fan of the mk2 GS but if you want one, you should get one :)

you could easily pick up a mk2 GS300 Sport for 5k, and that comes with HIDs and heated seats. amongst other things. The GS also gets leccy memory seats. I don't know if the CLK has them as standard?

parking sensors aint on the mk2 GS, but if you MUST have them you can get them installed. I actually think visibility is very good on the GS, I never ever felt like getting them.

regarding fuel economy, ur not comparing like with like. The CLK weighs at least 200kg less than the mk2 GS, that's a big factor in why it uses less juice.

The CLK is quite highly specced, extras that I have are heated leather seats, headlight washers, xenons and the parking sensors. It also has the onboard computer to tell me when I need oil and how much to top up by and things like lamp failure warnings. So far the only things I can think of is that my car does not have electric seats and electric steering column.

get an Aristo V300................same car with power !

Wish I could but it would be out of my budget

If you go for the SPORT you will get HID and a tighter ride.Nice car the merc,what size engine? looks very simular with the same headlight style. :whistling:

It's the 3.2 V6, both cars are nice. Just weighing up the differences between the cars. Not too fussy with either a saloon or coupe.

Hi Alex,

Its strange you posted as Sanj and I were talking about you the other day.

Anyway I have a GS for sale if your intrested

Regards

Paul

Thanks Paul, but I'm looking for straight swap unless some buys my car.

Any more opinions.

Hi Alex,

The mk11 Sport is a very nice car, have a drive in one.

:offtopic: How you doing, long time since you been on here.

Hi there Johnboy, been busy but sold the IS200 year and a half ago. Apparently it was written off about a 2months after selling. :crying:

I've driven one but that was probably about 8 years ago. Might have to go and arrange a test drive somewhere.

keep the clk, the gs300 has an old engine (technology wise) hence why it saps more fuel. if i were you i'd keep the clk unless going for the gs430. then the mpg is justified by the sheer power.

if you need a bigger car in the future get a gs430 when they go down in price

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links