Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gear Knob Advice Needed.....

Guys,

Im in Tokyo at the moment and need some advice. H ave a manual Is200 and want to change the chrome grear knob, but im torn between two to pick from, so please advise and help!!!!!

These are the two knobs:

post-9747-1210918432.jpg

post-9747-1210918440.jpg

the 2nd one here is in the manual and auto version. The auto version has a metal/sliver base. Maunal doesn't. Has anyone of the members got any of this knobs fitted and in use?

You know you can get them from the UK too right, the left one is only like £14, you didn't have to travel to Tokyo for that :whistling:

I use the TRD round leather one (left), unscrew the chrome one then screw the new one in, easy!

I also have the left one fitted to my car which i bought off eBay. Much nicer in my opinion than the chrome one, and seems to make the throw slightly shorter too....... My only problem was where to put the gear pattern sticker that came with it as my original one was lookign ver tatty. Stuck it on top of the ash tray in the end.

• 2 weeks later...
Guys,

Im in Tokyo at the moment and need some advice. H ave a manual Is200 and want to change the chrome grear knob, but im torn between two to pick from, so please advise and help!!!!!

These are the two knobs:

Why doesn't anyone like the chrome? My car's auto and I love the chrome; think it looks more 'sporty'.

ok, left one is winng here. Do you think the right one will make the gear leaver look long and stupid?

I too have the left, and it was £15ish (eBay, thou from california!). Would reccommend it to anyone.

The right one will increase the height and therefore length of throw, and that is not good.

BTW did you do what I suggested when you got there ?

If so send me the video :winky: :lol:

This just sounds interesting!

Be careful, the automatic gear knob is M8x1.25 and the manual M12x1.25 so do not interchangable.

I prefer the left one also, and please make a pics of japanese cars for enjoy us :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links