Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Scan Gauge Obd 2 Reader

jason_l

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for aftermarket ECU's it will work but will give false readings on Manifold pressure for a start as the signal fed to the ECU is capped by the TTE black box and also by aftermarket ECU's.

But apart from that i reckon it'll be ok.

Stav

As for aftermarket ECU's it will work but will give false readings on Manifold pressure for a start as the signal fed to the ECU is capped by the TTE black box and also by aftermarket ECU's.

But apart from that i reckon it'll be ok.

Stav

Speaking to Gareth (username UKOBD) he says it will still work if the ecu is still sneding data to the conector, which it should be.

I believe that durrantie was the first to order one of the units through the group buy so should have his soon and will be able to shed some light on what the unit is like to use.

i have noticed that there is a few youtube vids of the unit and the interface seems very user friendly, just put scangauge into youtube and several vids will come up.

Jason :P

Yep I bought one earlier today, my engines un-modified though so it wont help you guys with modded engines but if I get mine first I'll report back with some photo's and a vid :)

Hey guys & gals, got the Scan Gauge this morning, it was ordered on Friday & dispatched on Saturday which is excellent service from UKOBD, I installed it this evening at work as the photo's show below velcroed directly underneath the heated seat switch panel, the velcro holds it not too bad actually.

Its working great & it fills that gap between my old Saab 9-3 which had a great trip computer.

I'll list below all the standard functions of the scan gauge with a Y or N for whether its functional.

Fuel system loop status - Y

Cost per mile - Y (in US dollars though)

Intake air temperature - Y

Water temperature - Y

Fuel pressure - N

Gallons/Litres per HR - Y

Ignition timing - Y

Engine loading - Y

MPG - Y

MPH - Y

Manifold absolute pressure - Y

RPM - Y

Throttle position setting - Y

Battery voltage - Y

Its fully able to pick up any OBD 2 fault codes & reset them, all the trip function such as miles till empty tank, fuel used since last fill up, fuel remaining - the list goes on but its safe to say it all works ok.

All in all its excellent & a great little gadget for the car!

p1000386ti9.jpg

Easy,

You unclip the connection from its holder, and stick it to the underside of the footwell out of the way, then run the cable along the to the centre console, puch it up the side, pop out the gear surround so you can see it come up and voila.

Stav

Easy,

You unclip the connection from its holder, and stick it to the underside of the footwell out of the way, then run the cable along the to the centre console, puch it up the side, pop out the gear surround so you can see it come up and voila.

Stav

think even i could do it!!

would like to see some more pics of this thing in action. maybe some pics of the different readouts it has etc??

cheers

rob

Easy,

Stav

think even i could do it!!

would like to see some more pics of this thing in action. maybe some pics of the different readouts it has etc??

cheers

rob

Put scangauge into a youtube search and you will find loads of video's showing what it can do. The fact it can read and clear error codes is the reason i will be getting one, the fact it does all thie extra stuff is the bonus :)

Hey guys & gals, got the Scan Gauge this morning, it was ordered on Friday & dispatched on Saturday which is excellent service from UKOBD, I installed it this evening at work as the photo's show below velcroed directly underneath the heated seat switch panel, the velcro holds it not too bad actually.

All in all its excellent & a great little gadget for the car!

p1000386ti9.jpg

Glad you got it ok mate, looks like you have now confirmed that this is an excellent bit of kit. I will be buying one at the end of the month when i have some money :crybaby::unsure:

How easy is the scangauge to scroll between different gauges?? from the video's i have seen it seems really easy to use?

Jason :P

can it reset things like 'oil change needed' service lights? i ask as the missus's mini has this on, but i did the oil and filter change myself but obviously don't have the right tool to reset the light??

cheers

rob

can it reset things like 'oil change needed' service lights? i ask as the missus's mini has this on, but i did the oil and filter change myself but obviously don't have the right tool to reset the light??

cheers

rob

I'm not sure if it would clear service lights on other cars, would be useful if it does :)

Jason - Its very easy to switch between modes - very easy to use

It measure BHP by you programming in the car's weight then it measure your 0-60 time and works it out from there.

Some garages have been known to fit gauge like this and underweigh the car to make the customer think they have more power apparently.

It measure BHP by you programming in the car's weight then it measure your 0-60 time and works it out from there.

Some garages have been known to fit gauge like this and underweigh the car to make the customer think they have more power apparently.

Don't you mean overweigh the car ? :unsure: Same time 0-60 with more weight = more theoretical bhp.

stav mate, the mini has the oil service light on but i don;t think thats a fault code as such. so not sure if this would sort that out??

how easy is it to clear the codes anyway? does it just flash up the codes and than have an option to clear them?

is there a database somewhere that tells you what code is what for all different cars??

i'm more thinking bout that oil service light to be honest - she wants it gone and you know what women are like!!! :whistling:

I'm going to try the BHP x-gauge coding later on to see how that works - loving this thing so far!

Dam it, stop rubbing it in! i want one but can't afford it till next month, why did i set this geoup but up so quickly :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

is there a database somewhere that tells you what code is what for all different cars??

i'm more thinking bout that oil service light to be honest - she wants it gone and you know what women are like!!! :whistling:

If it is anything like like most BMW's then the service lights can be extinguished by shorting out pins in the diagnostic socket under the bonnet. Google should turn up results for doing it. The reset tool I had for mine was just a more convenient way of doing it via switches and buttons, but essentially it was just connecting the right pins together.

Yeh, I got the x-gauge code in & it's working away as it should, measures 4BHP idling - never tried to max out the car to see what it goes to.

mate, how do you go about changing the readouts it displays? just like a scroll though menu is it?

whats the x code all about? is that a way of entering car weight etc? i presume these come with all the instructions and are pretty easy to use?