Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Scan Gauge Obd 2 Reader

jason_l

Hi, there is a Home button that takes you to a central screen with the following options:

Scan - for OBD 2 fault code reading & resetting.

Gauge - has all the car information such as water temp, rpm, mpg etc.

Trip - has information on your trip vs fuel tank, info such as miles till empty, time till empty, cost per mile for fuel etc etc.

X-Gauge lets you make your own gauge (such as BHP) you have to enter a few strings of computer code supplied by the company that makes this device.

If you wish you can have a look at the online operation manual - go to: http://www.scangauge.com/support/pdfs/SGMan5_0.pdf

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Discount Code will soon be getting withdrawn! i have tried to get them to leave it open till the end of next month, they are concerned that they have given a 10% reduction in the price and have only sold one scangauge unit through LOC, anyone who is interested in getting one of these can contact me via PM for the discount code!

Jason :P

Discount Code will soon be getting withdrawn! i have tried to get them to leave it open till the end of next month, they are concerned that they have given a 10% reduction in the price and have only sold one scangauge unit through LOC, anyone who is interested in getting one of these can contact me via PM for the discount code!

I'm really surprised no one else has bought one yet, they're fantastic things!

I'm really surprised no one else has bought one yet, they're fantastic things!

Since posting this up i have supplied the discount code to another 3 members :unsure:

I think they are a bit worried that they have given us a discounted price but only 1 person (to date) has purchased a scangauge. I would have already bought one but funds are extremely tight at the moment :crybaby: i will be buying one at the end of the month if the discount is still active.

I agree with you i think they are a fantastic bit of kit and very easy to use. i was considering getting a few gauges for my car but it seemed pointless spending money on single gauges and having to spend hours wiring stuff in, this seemed like the perfect alternative, and the fact it can read and clear error codes makes it a complete bargain in my eyes.

Finally got round to ordering my Scangauge II about 5 seconds ago :whistling::blush:

Will post up a detailed review of it and some good quality pictures when i get it and hopefully i can get the company to extend the discount for a while?????

Excellent, only thing that bugs me about it is that you can only use either Gallons or Litres for everything, obviously for the TANK menu its best to have Litres for the measurement unit so that means you have to have MPL instead of MPG in the GAUGE menu, not a big problem really, we all have an MPG display already anyway :P

Hi Guys,

Sorry but this post is going to be a bit of a downer. The scan guage does NOT read all fault codes from the engine. I got my scan guage 2 to check for codes and it said there were none. However my car was in with lexus yesterday (she has a leaky shock absorber :sad:) and they said there were 3 codes that they cleared - not that they told me what they were.

Also i suspect that this device is causing my ABS light to flash as it only happens when its connected. However i must point out that it doesnt flash all the time it is plugged in so could just be coincidence.

Ed

Hi Guys,

Sorry but this post is going to be a bit of a downer. The scan guage does NOT read all fault codes from the engine. I got my scan guage 2 to check for codes and it said there were none. However my car was in with lexus yesterday (she has a leaky shock absorber :sad:) and they said there were 3 codes that they cleared - not that they told me what they were.

Also i suspect that this device is causing my ABS light to flash as it only happens when its connected. However i must point out that it doesnt flash all the time it is plugged in so could just be coincidence.

Ed

Thats weird!!!!! anyone else had any problems with the scangauge???

Has the abs light been flashing since having the leaking shock changed???? I think the scangauge will only clear codes that are shown up on the dash display but not too sure???

I haven't had the shock changed yet was only diagnosed on friday and they didnt have the part. I think the ABS problem is just coincidence though, hasnt come back. I do like the scanguage even if it isnt perfect, just wanted to warn people it wont pick up everything.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick note to tell everyone that the discount code is still active!!!!!

I asume they are leaving it active till the end of the month but can't be certain, anyone still interested can PM me and i will supply the discount code. For those of you who didn't see mine fitted here it is again........... :P

registry_mod-4058-1212939989.jpg