Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Sc430 Commercials

aquanuke

Thanks for adding aquanuke. I quite like them - pity Lexus is no longer advertising this car on TV. The one with the rain was a little unrealistic - unless the top is near bone dry you'd be mad to retract the roof as all the excess water goes in the cabin and boot (I know I've tried it!).

I remember seeing a Lexus ad on British TV that shows a guy driving round a deserted city, he stops in the middle of a square, gets out and suddenly the place is full of people. Think it's to show how quiet the car is - does anyone remember this ad or was I dreaming it! I was sure it was for an SC430 but again I could be wrong.

I remember seeing a Lexus ad on British TV that shows a guy driving round a deserted city, he stops in the middle of a square, gets out and suddenly the place is full of people

I remember that, was quite a classy advert. Not 100% sure it was the SC...

Could'nt find it but came across this which says it was an SC430

Does anyone know the title and artist of the Sigur Ros/Radiohead/Coldplay-sounding song used in the new Lexus SC430 advert? That's the one with the bloke driving through a silent, empty town until he opens the driver's door and the streets become flooded with people.

http://www.theanswerbank.co.uk/adverts/question9533.html

I remember seeing a Lexus ad on British TV that shows a guy driving round a deserted city, he stops in the middle of a square, gets out and suddenly the place is full of people

I remember that, was quite a classy advert. Not 100% sure it was the SC...

Yeah remember it too, it was for the SC :)

Music in that ad was by Martin Grech. When Mark & Lard were on Radio 1 they played it a lot, and kept asking for a free Lexus.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Thanks for adding aquanuke. I quite like them - pity Lexus is no longer advertising this car on TV. The one with the rain was a little unrealistic - unless the top is near bone dry you'd be mad to retract the roof as all the excess water goes in the cabin and boot (I know I've tried it!).

I remember seeing a Lexus ad on British TV that shows a guy driving round a deserted city, he stops in the middle of a square, gets out and suddenly the place is full of people. Think it's to show how quiet the car is - does anyone remember this ad or was I dreaming it! I was sure it was for an SC430 but again I could be wrong.

:THIS AD WAS SHOT IN ROME,I TOOK THE CAR THERE. THE DIRECTOR WAS CARL VAN RINST,DIRECTOR OF PHOTOGRAPHY JOHN MATHIESON(GLADIATOR).SHOT OVER A WEEK.

• 2 weeks later...

:THIS AD WAS SHOT IN ROME,I TOOK THE CAR THERE. THE DIRECTOR WAS CARL VAN RINST,DIRECTOR OF PHOTOGRAPHY JOHN MATHIESON(GLADIATOR).SHOT OVER A WEEK.

Wow thanks very much for the info - and welcome to the club!

• 3 years later...

cool adverts i must say as a gs 430 man i prefer the american gs 400 adverts back in the day "something wicked this way comes introducing the worlds fasts automatic sedan"