Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anybody seen details of this special edition?

Lexus announce arrival of sporty IS 250 SR packed with extras

For those who want something sporty but haven't got 50 grand to bag an IS-F, Lexus has just announced the IS 250 SR.

It boasts 17in alloys (even sexier 18in wheels are an option), a full body kit and inside sporty jewellery like aluminium plates on the pedals and scuff plates on the sills. Power comes from the standard 204bhp 2.5-litre V6 and the performance is a useful 140mph+ and 0-62mph in 8.1 seconds.

Prices start at £24,990 for the manual transmission model and £25,800 for the automatic. On sale Monday.

Anybody seen details of this special edition?
Lexus announce arrival of sporty IS 250 SR packed with extras

For those who want something sporty but haven't got 50 grand to bag an IS-F, Lexus has just announced the IS 250 SR.

It boasts 17in alloys (even sexier 18in wheels are an option), a full body kit and inside sporty jewellery like aluminium plates on the pedals and scuff plates on the sills. Power comes from the standard 204bhp 2.5-litre V6 and the performance is a useful 140mph+ and 0-62mph in 8.1 seconds.

Prices start at £24,990 for the manual transmission model and £25,800 for the automatic. On sale Monday.

So what's it give that most of us haven't already got? This was discussed on the USA forum, with the conclusion that it's just the OEM GFX as a standard instead of an option...big deal! http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...mp;#entry308441

Saw this the other day on the Fitth Gear site?

New Lexus IS 250 SR

13/5/08

Following in the footsteps of the Lexus IS-F comes the new sporty IS 250 SR. Designed to bridge the gap between the IS-F and IS 250 Sport, the SR offers a full body kit and 17-inch 10-spoke alloy wheels, aluminium pedals and scuff plates and heated front seats as standard. Other standard features include 10 airbags, climate control, cruise control, smart keyless entry and engine start and sequenced LED interior lighting. Powered by a 204bhp 2.5-litre V6 petrol engine, the IS 250 SR will accelerate from rest to 62mph in 8.1 seconds (8.4 with the optional six-speed automatic transmission) on to a top speed of around 140mph. The IS 250 SR is on sale from 19 May priced from £24,990 for manual and £25,800 for the automatic.

Also doing a RX400h SR

Enhanced specification for the Lexus RX 400h SR Published: 15th March 2008

Lexus RX 400h

A spring upgrade has been announced for the Lexus RX 400h SR, adding more stylish features to a popular version of the UK market's only hybrid power luxury SUV at no extra cost.

The revised specification adds a discreet, body coloured rear spoiler at the top edge of the tailgate, silver roof rails, new-style floor mats and a new interior option that matches grey leather upholstery with black wood trim details.

THE IS250 SR

Forgive me for my ignorance but is the Body kit available from main dealers pre-fitted on a new car?

I'd like to get one on my IS250 SE-L auto.

Think it is now...additional charge no doubt, as the body kit supplied to the UK has to be painted. This may have changed depending if the 'SR' modifications are being completed at the factory or after import to the UK, probably the latter. Best ask your stealership.

What a bizarre new model, seems like it's a sport with a bodykit, but then it's only got 17" alloys - which base spec is it based on? SE or Sport?

Its a standard (base) model with bodykit, 17's alloy pedals and SR badges and Special mats

We did our own edition (without the pedals and SR mats) and have 3 cars left, £22950 brand new I've got 2 argento ice and 1 brechin slate left. Incredible value especially as they are auto's too

Off topic, drove the IS-F today!!! one word INCREDIBLE

Monster Mat i'd like to see you eat some words please.

:whistling::whistling::whistling:

The only difference I can see between the SR and the 250 Sport is the bodykit and wheels, IS250 Sport has 18" rims as standard and the SR only 17". Everything else is exactly the same.

I wonder if the SR has the sport suspension like the 250 Sport. :)

Off topic, drove the IS-F today!!! one word INCREDIBLE

Was this a test drive? If so which dealer :)

I am a dealer!! It was our Lexus Training day, We got spanked around the Croft circuit in one, AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME.

And the SR is a base model with body kit, its not a sport, doesnt have parking sensors, AFS, Memory seats, Suede seats, heated seats, lowered suspension, etc etc, Its the standesrd model with alloy pedals, SR mats, and a body kit.

The IS-F is the new HALO product for Lexus and to sort of co-incide with its launch, they have introduced the SR model, sporty look for not much more money. We've sold a few! I still have the £22950 IS Auto SR left in my showroom....................any takers!!

Still no words eaten by Monster Mat!!

:whistling::whistling::whistling:

Interestingly, the local Lexus dealer to me quoted me £1997 all in for painting and fitting a complete body kit on an IS250.

I'd like one on mine when I get it.

I take it the SR is literally just a base 250? I want a 250 SEL MM Auto.

Your correct,

We would charge around the same for the kit fully fitted and painted. Looks good, I've got a Caspian sky se-l auto mm with it on. :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links