Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Weathershield Car Covers - Top Of The Range!

Hi Guys,

Well, i've spent the last week in talks with a US Lexus distributor regarding car covers for the IS200/300. Basically, i was fed up at leaving the car for a weekend and coming back to dust city, bug poop mess and water marked paint/windows. So, i thought i'd do something about it and go for a car cover.

Now when looking around and making A LOT of phone calls, it seems that these things have multi purpose uses that i hadn't even considered:

- Good idea if kids/people passing by the car (helps prevents scratches etc)

- Theft deterrent - more time consuming to remove cover and be off with the car (covers are cable locked in plaxce for added safety)

- Prevents frustration from the elements after just washing the car.

So i set about trying to find something that was GOOD QUALITY, SAFE ON THE PAINT, SECURE, HIGHLY BREATHABLE AND WATER RESISTANT (its important to note that nothing can be fully breathable and waterproof, but 95% is achievable) and most of all TAILORED TO FIT.

I came across several companies and the upshot was that if i wanted the best, i would be looking at a Weathershield Cover and a price tag of a cool £350-£370 (excluding cables and lock, and p&p). Please feel free to call around if you don't believe me on this one. There are, of course alternatives which are lesser quality, semi-tailored, but still run £170 +.

So, across the pond i went, and i have managed to organise a group buy price on these little beauties:

http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/parts_detail.asp?id=87344

87344.JPG

87344_2.JPG

87344_3.JPG

They are OEM Lexus IS300 FULLY TAILORED Weathershield Car Covers, with the Lexus Logo embroidered onto the cover. They also have a clear window at the rear so the number plate is readable with the cover on!!

They are THE BEST on the market in terms of function, durability and ease of use.

So, the important bit, what's the cost??

Well this is the deal:

1-5 Units = $225 (~ £120)

6-15 Units = $212.50 (~ £113)

> 16 Units = $200 (~ £105)

Plus, $53 (~ £28) for shipping within the week.

So if anyone is interested, then please add your name to the list and we can sort this out in the forthcoming weeks.

Lets set a deadline of June 4th for those interested and we can get them ordered then.

Its worth mentioning that these come with the cable and lock set to help secure them. Additionally, as some may be aware, the US spec IS300 has very slightly deeper front and rear bumpers, but i have been assured they will still fit our IS200 like a glove.

IS200 Covers

1. Rob (Rob's Lexx)

2. Mat (Monster Mat)

3. Purvesh (Purvesh81)

4. John (imperial1952)

5. Lenny Lexus

6. Robin H

7. blsrbjg

GS Covers

1. TigerFish - GS300

2. Terry Moore - GS430

Cheers

Rob

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the U.K if they are parked on the road they have to have a see through portion which shows the tax disc.

Got one from Sewell for the 250 (see other post)....not parked on the road Scorps :winky: , but it has the clear window over the rear plate.

well i'm sure it could be cut and stitched with clear acrylic if someone thought it was really that necessary.

mines always kept on the drive or car porch so not an issue for me. cheers for the heads up though matey.

hi mate, will need definite names so i can get back in touch and let them know initial interest.

just add ur name to the list if ur deffo wanting one :D :D :D

Done, please see above...

as far as i'm aware (almost positive on this) they only come in the grey colour option as in the pics.

They are supplied with a lock kit i believe, but they are designed to fit on the car without need the lock kit to be fitted (its just for added security)

that is fantastic price Rob! i used to have one of these covers and it was in the region of £350 - £400..... i sold it to another member after a while.

the material is fine - i didnt see any marking to the paint either but i had a silver car so u dont see marks etc.

it is a fairly tight fit but with the US bumbers being a bit deeper there will be bit of slack so makes it easier to put on.

these are designed with top quality materials (hence the high prices) and will not damage the paint. be pretty pointless if they did!!

i'm hoping/guessing that there are a fair few members who will be interested in these. Essentially, its a one of purchase that will last the life of the car with ease, and has the potential to save extra hours of cleaning etc.

@Rob, yes matey, its a fantastic price!! I remember a while ago Mike Morse thought he was onto a bargain with these when he was offereing them at about £250 a pop and that was from the states.

Roll Up guys and gals :D :D :whistling:

yes mate, can get a 96 GS cover for you.

List price is $223 (touch cheaper than for the IS), so will ask about discount. But go on the assumption its the same discounts as above (i.e 10%, 15% and 20% based on total numbers).

these are designed with top quality materials (hence the high prices) and will not damage the paint. be pretty pointless if they did!!

i'm hoping/guessing that there are a fair few members who will be interested in these. Essentially, its a one of purchase that will last the life of the car with ease, and has the potential to save extra hours of cleaning etc.

@Rob, yes matey, its a fantastic price!! I remember a while ago Mike Morse thought he was onto a bargain with these when he was offereing them at about £250 a pop and that was from the states.

Roll Up guys and gals :D :D :whistling:

Just a bit more info for you...the cover is very lightweight breathable material, bit like parachute ripstop and it doesn't mark the paint at all if you're carefull taking it off as the bottom, especially the heat resistant panel in the bottom rear section (covers the exhausts) can pick up some soiling from splashback off the ground when it's raining.

Don't know if it's changed since I got mine a couple of years ago, but it comes with cloth 'eyes', one at each bottom centre postion to enable the cover to be securely held, but I only do that if severe weather is forecast or I leave it under cover for more than a week or so. Mine came with a length of cord, and I can't see the point of using a lock as anyone with scissors or a knife could easily detach that from the cover.

The cover is also attached to its storage bag (grey with Lexus logo) by two substantial straps...you put the bag in the boot and lock it in with the lid when you fit the cover, so you cannot remove the cover from the car without being able to unlock the boot...unless you have the forementioned scissors or a knife :whistling:

Yes it would be pointless, but you'd be surprised how many manufacturers fail to address the basics!

My car's in for a full respray and TTE kit - I'll be getting it back in a couple of weeks, any chance of speeding up the group buy and hence the order?

List price is $223 (touch cheaper than for the IS), so will ask about discount. But go on the assumption its the same discounts as above (i.e 10%, 15% and 20% based on total numbers).

Excellent mate thumbup.gif

not sure about speeding it up as i have given a date to give everyone chance to get on board.

but in all honesty, over the next week we should have all the names of those immediately interested sorted, so may well be able to go ahead with it then.

lets say June 4th then. That's 2 and a half weeks away and is more than enough time for those still pondering.

you in the fella??

lets say June 4th then. That's 2 and a half weeks away and is more than enough time for those still pondering.

Maybe Mat or another moderator could put the date in bold on the top post and title.

Hi Guys,

Well, i've spent the last week in talks with a US Lexus distributor regarding car covers for the IS200/300. Basically, i was fed up at leaving the car for a weekend and coming back to dust city, bug poop mess and water marked paint/windows. So, i thought i'd do something about it and go for a car cover.

Now when looking around and making A LOT of phone calls, it seems that these things have multi purpose uses that i hadn't even considered:

- Good idea if kids/people passing by the car (helps prevents scratches etc)

- Theft deterrent - more time consuming to remove cover and be off with the car (covers are cable locked in plaxce for added safety)

- Prevents frustration from the elements after just washing the car.

So i set about trying to find something that was GOOD QUALITY, SAFE ON THE PAINT, SECURE, HIGHLY BREATHABLE AND WATER RESISTANT (its important to note that nothing can be fully breathable and waterproof, but 95% is achievable) and most of all TAILORED TO FIT.

I came across several companies and the upshot was that if i wanted the best, i would be looking at a Weathershield Cover and a price tag of a cool £350-£370 (excluding cables and lock, and p&p). Please feel free to call around if you don't believe me on this one. There are, of course alternatives which are lesser quality, semi-tailored, but still run £170 +.

So, across the pond i went, and i have managed to organise a group buy price on these little beauties:

http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/parts_detail.asp?id=87344

87344.JPG

87344_2.JPG

87344_3.JPG

They are OEM Lexus IS300 FULLY TAILORED Weathershield Car Covers, with the Lexus Logo embroidered onto the cover. They also have a clear window at the rear so the number plate is readable with the cover on!!

They are THE BEST on the market in terms of function, durability and ease of use.

So, the important bit, what's the cost??

Well this is the deal:

1-5 Units = $225 (~ £120)

6-15 Units = $212.50 (~ £113)

> 16 Units = $200 (~ £105)

Plus, $53 (~ £28) for shipping within the week.

So if anyone is interested, then please add your name to the list and we can sort this out in the forthcoming weeks.

Lets set a deadline of June 4th for those interested and we can get them ordered then.

Its worth mentioning that these come with the cable and lock set to help secure them. Additionally, as some may be aware, the US spec IS300 has very slightly deeper front and rear bumpers, but i have been assured they will still fit our IS200 like a glove.

1. Rob (Rob's Lexx)

2. Mat (Monster Mat)

3. Purvesh (Purvesh81)

4. John (imperial1952)

Cheers

Rob

you in the fella??

Yeah, add me in mate :winky:

right o folks. that's 5 already in a day or two. pretty good going. sure there must be some more interested.

i can get these FOR ALL LEXUS MODELS!!! Not just the IS and GS.

So those RX, LS, SC owners (maybe some ES owners??) have the chance to get one of these at a bargain price!!