Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Weathershield Car Covers - Top Of The Range!

well the commodity code as suggested eralier shows 5.5% duty plus VAT, so that's a top end of $48.

ot shouldn't be anymore than that. I havre spoken to several people about this and they all say the same.

in your case jiberjaber, the wrong commodity code or overestimation of the price may have resulted in higher customs charges (no doubt you didn't get it for $212).

i'm fairly confident i'm right on this, but will call TCS (tariff classification servie) tomorrow for anyone overly concerned.

Dont forget it's not just the % duty but there is often a handling fee as well. I dont buy from USA anymore because I always seem to get stung :)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well the commodity code as suggested eralier shows 5.5% duty plus VAT, so that's a top end of $48.

ot shouldn't be anymore than that. I havre spoken to several people about this and they all say the same.

in your case jiberjaber, the wrong commodity code or overestimation of the price may have resulted in higher customs charges (no doubt you didn't get it for $212).

i'm fairly confident i'm right on this, but will call TCS (tariff classification servie) tomorrow for anyone overly concerned.

Dont forget it's not just the % duty but there is often a handling fee as well. I dont buy from USA anymore because I always seem to get stung :)

there's a chap on this forum who deals in import/export of goods and we can be assured that it will not be anymore than 5.6%.

I'm chatting with him as we speak so as to select the appropriate commodity code to ensure customs don't just pick one they feel like!!

the handling fee come from the CPC (custome procedre code) if it DDU (duty delivered unpaid) all you pay for is the duty and vat if its DDP (Duty delivered paid) you only pay VAT so get them to do it DDP if you can you need to sort it out b4 shipping

if they come up with any other CPC let me know and i will tell you the cost

I was wrong, sorry chaps, it wasnt 65 quid it was £62.40.

Scan of fedex invoice attached. Happy to be shown I have been over charged as I wasnt happy to pay it in the first instance.

DUTY £16.16

VAT £39.44

ADMIN FEE £62.40

loc_inv.pdf

dude this is what they used.....

they are so lazy looking up the wrong things

Commodity code 5208 59 90 99

Printed

Other fabrics

Other

Other

Other

Third country measures Measure Type Duty rates / prohibitions Additional codes Conditions Exclusions

Legal Act Footnote

Third country duty 8.00%

you can clam it back from customs but is it worth the £7

i'm trying to see the term of shipment... fedex are know to ***** thing up

Hey guys, this is Darrel Diller directly from Sewell Lexus in Dallas, Texas. In reading this thread I see Rob has provided you guys with a wealth of information and I commend him for doing a fantastic job. In an effort to relieve Rob from any potential heartache in promising something we cannot deliver, I invite anyone here to post any question you may have concerning the Lexus original equipment option, car covers.

Below is a very brief list of the important points I can think of off the top of my head:

Payment terms - credit card (unfortunately we will not be accepting PayPal, although myself and the rest of my programming team is working on the PayPal payment integration with our website and hope this will be available before the deadline).

Shipping - shipping from us to you will be handled by the premier shipping company, FedEx International.

I will do my best to respond quickly to any question posed.

Thank you for your time,

Darrel

ddiller@sewell.com

Hey guys, this is Darrel Diller directly from Sewell Lexus in Dallas, Texas. In reading this thread I see Rob has provided you guys with a wealth of information and I commend him for doing a fantastic job. In an effort to relieve Rob from any potential heartache in promising something we cannot deliver, I invite anyone here to post any question you may have concerning the Lexus original equipment option, car covers.

Below is a very brief list of the important points I can think of off the top of my head:

Payment terms - credit card (unfortunately we will not be accepting PayPal, although myself and the rest of my programming team is working on the PayPal payment integration with our website and hope this will be available before the deadline).

Shipping - shipping from us to you will be handled by the premier shipping company, FedEx International.

Thank you for your time,

Darrel

ddiller@sewell.com

Hi Darrel,

Thanks for your post. Can you confirm that you will include the cable tie and lock etc with the cover? Also are you not able to put a reduced value on the parcel to minimise the duty we have to pay?

ps. for some reason your email address isn't working?!

Hi Darrel,

Thanks for your post. Can you confirm that you will include the cable tie and lock etc with the cover? Also are you not able to put a reduced value on the parcel to minimise the duty we have to pay?

ps. for some reason your email address isn't working?!

Lexus doesn't have a sort of cable tie and/or lock. The cover simply has the storage pouch thats stitched to the cover that is to be closed in the trunk (or boot) that acts as a theft deterent. Here is how Lexus words this "Convenient storage pouch tethered to cover to prevent loss or theft". This is merely additional fabric to fold the car cover into and can be closed in the boot by the boot lid.

As for the declared value, we are ethically and morally obligated to declare the parcels for what they are. In this case, the declared value will be the amount of the purchased - to be determined.

As for the email issue, I'll PM in just a bit to resolve this.

Darrel

Ahh, hi Darrel.

I've just replied to your email as it happens :) :)

Thanks for getting in touch personally and i think most issues etc have been resolved through your correspondence.

Anyway folks, if anyone has any questions about these, then ask the guy in the know!! Personally, i can't wait to get hold of one of these as they are a top quality item and will come in very useful.

Cheers

Rob

I was wrong, sorry chaps, it wasnt 65 quid it was £62.40.

Scan of fedex invoice attached. Happy to be shown I have been over charged as I wasnt happy to pay it in the first instance.

DUTY £16.16

VAT £39.44

ADMIN FEE £62.40

cheers for that mate. i haven't read the attachment in great detail but it appears you paid $300 for the cover when you bought it so on that basis, buying through this group buy ($212.50) will amount to a customs charge almost a third the fee you were charged?? and if the correct commodity code is used, then that should be a touch less also.

cheers again for your help.

rob

Hi Guys,

Well, i've spent the last week in talks with a US Lexus distributor regarding car covers for the IS200/300. Basically, i was fed up at leaving the car for a weekend and coming back to dust city, bug poop mess and water marked paint/windows. So, i thought i'd do something about it and go for a car cover.

Now when looking around and making A LOT of phone calls, it seems that these things have multi purpose uses that i hadn't even considered:

- Good idea if kids/people passing by the car (helps prevents scratches etc)

- Theft deterrent - more time consuming to remove cover and be off with the car (covers are cable locked in plaxce for added safety)

- Prevents frustration from the elements after just washing the car.

So i set about trying to find something that was GOOD QUALITY, SAFE ON THE PAINT, SECURE, HIGHLY BREATHABLE AND WATER RESISTANT (its important to note that nothing can be fully breathable and waterproof, but 95% is achievable) and most of all TAILORED TO FIT.

I came across several companies and the upshot was that if i wanted the best, i would be looking at a Weathershield Cover and a price tag of a cool £350-£370 (excluding cables and lock, and p&p). Please feel free to call around if you don't believe me on this one. There are, of course alternatives which are lesser quality, semi-tailored, but still run £170 +.

So, across the pond i went, and i have managed to organise a group buy price on these little beauties:

http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/parts_detail.asp?id=87344

87344.JPG

87344_2.JPG

87344_3.JPG

They are OEM Lexus IS300 FULLY TAILORED Weathershield Car Covers, with the Lexus Logo embroidered onto the cover. They also have a clear window at the rear so the number plate is readable with the cover on!!

They are THE BEST on the market in terms of function, durability and ease of use.

So, the important bit, what's the cost??

Well this is the deal:

1-5 Units = $225 (~ £120)

6-15 Units = $212.50 (~ £113)

> 16 Units = $200 (~ £105)

Plus, $53 (~ £28) for shipping within the week.

So if anyone is interested, then please add your name to the list and we can sort this out in the forthcoming weeks.

Lets set a deadline of June 4th for those interested and we can get them ordered then.

Its worth mentioning that these come with the cable and lock set to help secure them. Additionally, as some may be aware, the US spec IS300 has very slightly deeper front and rear bumpers, but i have been assured they will still fit our IS200 like a glove.

IS200 Covers

1. Rob (Rob's Lexx)

2. Mat (Monster Mat)

3. Purvesh (Purvesh81)

4. John (imperial1952)

5. Lenny Lexus

6. Robin H

7. blsrbjg

GS Covers

1. TigerFish - GS300

2. Terry Moore - GS430

Cheers

Rob

Thank you for your time,

Darrel

ddiller@sewell.com

Hi DARREL,I've just spoken to my sister,who lives in DALLAS,and as it goes,would it be posible.if she pays for my cover under the group buy, and collects it for me.She will be coming to LONDON next week,and will save me some £ for the shipping B)

another one on the list :winky:

for the record, i'm not having mine shipped to the UK. Darrel has assured me that the cover can be shipped to pretty much any location, including the US so that shouldn't be a problem terry. it will obviously save you international shipping and possible customs surcharge.

anymore takers before its too late :whistling:

another one on the list :winky:

for the record, i'm not having mine shipped to the UK. Darrel has assured me that the cover can be shipped to pretty much any location, including the US so that shouldn't be a problem terry. it will obviously save you international shipping and possible customs surcharge.

anymore takers before its too late :whistling:

Hi Rob,nice one :lol: thanks m8,I'm over the moon :P

Hey up guys,

Just a reminder that this ends tomorrow :whistling: :o

So if anyone is still unsure, then now's the time to get on board.

I'll be totalling up numbers and organising payment forms for all those signed up for the group buy by midnight tomorrow (4th June)

Thanks to everyone who has put their name down.

Cheers

Rob

Hey up guys,

I'll be totalling up numbers and organising payment forms for all those signed up for the group buy by midnight tomorrow (4th June)

Cheers

Rob

Hi ROB,Thanks for doing the car covers,just payed for mine :lol: good price.thanks again.cheers TERRY B)

Hey up guys,

Cheers

Rob

Hi ROB,Thanks for doing the car covers,just payed for mine :lol: good price.thanks again.cheers TERRY B)

Hi Terry, how did you send payment mate??

I have a form that was sent to me by Sewel, but if there is another way, which obviously there is, then that would be good for everyone mate.

Cheers

Rob

Hey up guys,

Cheers

Rob

Hi Terry, how did you send payment mate??

I have a form that was sent to me by Sewel, but if there is another way, which obviously there is, then that would be good for everyone mate.

Cheers

Rob

Hi ROB,I got my sister to pay for it in Dallas TX,which she did yesterday,and she should have the cover tomorrow,Friday 6/6/08,then when she arrives here next week,i'll give the pounds.she did tell the guys at Sewel that it was a group buy from the club.thanks again,TERRY B)

Hey up guys,

Cheers

Rob

Hi Rob.

Havent received my payment form as yet.

Please forward to me A.S.A.P. so that i can forward the money to you.

John

the payment must go directly to sewel, not me.

their preferred method is via credit card through the order form that will be forwarded too me ASAP

I've literally just got off the phone with Darrel, top guy by the way, and he is just finalising all the details and will either be along himself and post any further required info, or liase through me.

I hope to get all the order forms out in the next couple of days

Cheers

Rob

Hi all,

Right final details.

Shipping to the UK will be $53 via FedEx and shouldn't take any more than a week.

All payments MUST be made via credit card. Paypal will not be accepted.

I have the payment form and need everyone's email address so that i can email a copy to you.

This form should then be either faxed directly to the supplier on (001) 214 276 1983 or scanned and emailed to ddiller@sewell.com

All documentation will then be shredded by Darrel personally to ensure no security breech.

Cheers for all those that signed up to this group buy.

For the record, i haven't made any profits etc myself and am paying the same as everyone for the item (which is how i think all group buys should be :) )

Rob

Hi all,

Right final details.

Shipping to the UK will be $53 via FedEx and shouldn't take any more than a week.

All payments MUST be made via credit card. Paypal will not be accepted.

I have the payment form and need everyone's email address so that i can email a copy to you.

This form should then be either faxed directly to the supplier on (001) 214 276 1983 or scanned and emailed to ddiller@sewell.com

All documentation will then be shredded by Darrel personally to ensure no security breech.

Cheers for all those that signed up to this group buy.

For the record, i haven't made any profits etc myself and am paying the same as everyone for the item (which is how i think all group buys should be :) )

Rob

Hi Rob

My e-mail addy is "jlgriffithsj@aol.com"

Can all those who put their name down please email me ASAP.

I'm waiting for everyone's details before i send out the payment form as i want to do it all in one go.

I have only had 3 email addresses so far.........

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links