Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Time Attack @ Silverstone 1/6/2008 Helpers Required !

Dave-Ellen

been back an hour or so,

Many thanks to Mark & Chris for their help & support during the day.

Another good day saw me loose 6 seconds from last years time.

I'll post up some pics and videos later.

Am knackered..........went to see Mr Springsteen last night got to bed at 12.30..............up at 4.45

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on way...........chap in my garage had big prang..............also, as ever, all cars in garages had people all over them fixing oil leaks turbos dropping off ECU problems..........the Lexus...........only had overheating tyres !

Silverstone TA report

Another good day so the TOM’s IS350 compressor lop 6 seconds off last years time (in the Aristo V300).

Final time was 1.16.406 which was still off the pace but I’m 100/250 bhp off most other cars as well as having standard suspension and running fully trimmed (my choice)

Some pics and video below

As ever thanks to kami for letting me risk my daily driver…….Chris & Mark from LOC for pit help during the day.

My Sponsors

TOM’s for the car compressor

JUN-TW for the anti roll bars and BBK

Wheels inmotion for the geometry

J&N Electrical for all the electrical work at my workshop

Charlesworth Motors for all the dirty bits

Some pics

In the garage

readytogoqg6.jpg

on my way

onwayna2.jpg

120 mph down the straight

onstraightmj9.jpg

Braking hard from 125 mph on back straight

dscf1597ll9.jpg

dscf1603mz2.jpg

Preparing to get her ready for the trip home (wheels were red hot after 15 minutes…..)

dscf1629wi6.jpg

evohc9.jpg

EVO after meeting the pit lane wall (driver was OK)

Some video of the final part of my qualifying run. I’d come in after 6 minutes as the Toyos R888’s had gone off resulting in a sideways moment. Think this was when I did my fastest lap

will post more pics as and when they are ready.

I’m not at TA at Oulton Park as I’m at the Lexus Owners Club Euro meet in germany……..with a day at the Nurburgring then 3 days in Paris………..my next one is Brands Hatch

Glad you had a good time Dave, car looks great (apart from those crappy k sport stickers) I know there a must due to sponsorship of the series though.

Did you see any of the drifting, it was meant to have been really really good, DW boys took the S15 with the 2jz in for its first outing and some rwd scoobies from the land of the rising sun.

I'll be at the next few T/A and EDC rounds as im off for summers hols after this week so give me a shout if you need any help at any of the rounds.

Was looking at that Evo on hes website the other day, it looks pretty standard from the outside, but its kicking out over 600hp and near 700 on race fuel, crazzzzzzy

Glad you had a good time Dave, car looks great (apart from those crappy k sport stickers) I know there a must due to sponsorship of the series though.

Did you see any of the drifting, it was meant to have been really really good, DW boys took the S15 with the 2jz in for its first outing and some rwd scoobies from the land of the rising sun.

I'll be at the next few T/A and EDC rounds as im off for summers hols after this week so give me a shout if you need any help at any of the rounds.

Cheers

did'nt see any drifting I'm afraid was busy chinwagging :whistling:

Another great day out Dave, And thanks for taking me out for the practice laps really enjoyed it mate :D I've only been home about 40 mins as i stayed to watch the finals and one of the drivers did a lap in 58.? seconds :o

I took loads of pic's as usuall so will post some up when i get them sorted out :D

Thanks again Dave, and Mark good to see you again mate and did you notice any difference on your way home? :winky:

Thanks again Dave, and Mark good to see you again mate and did you notice any difference on your way home? :winky:

Acceleration definitely improved, I didn't have to work the engine so hard anymore to go fast, but until another dyno tells me my AFR is sorted going to take it easy for a while :crybaby:

Acceleration definitely improved, I didn't have to work the engine so hard anymore to go fast, but until another dyno tells me my AFR is sorted going to take it easy for a while :crybaby:

Thats good mate, maybe get better after it learns your driving style again and hopefully it sorted the problem :)